When do Qantas specials come up?

Cole

I remember Qantas advertised pretty good specials in Sept 2015 where you could get cheap flights if there were 2 people flying to the same destination.  I didn't check for specials in 2016, but wonder whether anyone has an idea of more or less when their specials get advertised, or whether they're done more randomly?  I'm hoping they run specials at more or less the same times during the year.

Edited by Cole
  • Like 2

There was one in January- my friend bought tickets for October. He is flying from JHB to Sydney to Melbourne to Cairns to Gold Coast to Sydney and back to JHB for R14,000!!!!

• Like 3

I was also waiting for that sale, we are going in July.

Qantas is currently having a sale so i booked return for $1200. Skyscanner seems to have the fares slightly cheaper. I figured why wait. Seemed a good fare.

• Like 2

Over the Valentines weekend in 2016, there was a great sale for direct flights from JHB to Syd for R8 400 return.  My friends bought this and came out in Oct.  I am hoping for something similar so that I can have my folks come visit in Oct this year.  I went on the Qantas website yesterday, but could not see where I am supposed to  sign up for a specials reminder.  If someone knows, can you please tell me too!  

• Like 1

There are actually specials running until this sunday: http://www.qantas.com/za/en/flight-deals.html/jnb/au/economy/all/lowest

# Economy Companion Sale is now on. Valid for selected departure dates between 9 March – 27 March and 30 April – 28 June and 22 July – 26 September and 9 October – 28 November 2017. Sale ends Sunday 19 February 2017, unless sold out prior.

• Like 1

Cool!  If sales are currently on for flights until end November, I'll have to keep watching for another two months or so, as we want to fly in January 2018.  Thanks so much for the heads up :-)