Points Test - Age

Rich990

Hi All, 

Just want to confirm my understanding of the points allocation system relating to age:

I am currently 32 years old, turning 33 in December.

As such I'll still qualify for 30 points on the age test, as the border.gov.au website says: 

Points are awarded on the basis of the factors listed in the following table. All factors are assessed as they are at the time you are invited to apply for this visa.

Correct?

Thanks!

Hi @Rich990

As long as you receive an invitation to apply for the skilled visa before you turn 33, you will be able to claim 30 points for age under Schedule 6D in the Migration Regulations.

I was in the same boat...

Turned 33 about a month after we got our invitation.  Only you're invited your score won't change.

Awesome, thanks @Fiona and @ChrisH .

I'm just starting the S189 process (accountant) so got a lot to get done, but i'm hoping to be ready to apply by June or July.

My timelines look broadly as follows:

Jan - Applied for Unabridged birth and marriage certificates

Feb - English Test

Mar / April - apply for Skills Assessment

June - Have everything in order to apply (medical, PCC)

June / July / August -Submit EOI

I think its best that i get the EOI in asap so that there's still some time before I turn 33!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Rich990 said:

Awesome, thanks @Fiona and @ChrisH .

I'm just starting the S189 process (accountant) so got a lot to get done, but i'm hoping to be ready to apply by June or July.

My timelines look broadly as follows:

Jan - Applied for Unabridged birth and marriage certificates

Feb - English Test

Mar / April - apply for Skills Assessment

June - Have everything in order to apply (medical, PCC)

June / July / August -Submit EOI

I think its best that i get the EOI in asap so that there's still some time before I turn 33!

You are probably aware of this but just to comment given your occupation is Accountant.  This occupation is on the ProRata list of occupations.  Currently you would need over 75 points (this figure can change up or down over time - usually up) to receive an invitation.   With 70 points currently you would expect a 4-5 month wait before receiving an invite. 

• Like 1

Thanks @TeeTMI , I've calculated that I should have 75 points if i get 20 points for the English Test:

English: 20 points (need to still complete the test, but i'll practice until I get 20).

Employment: 10 points (I might be able to just squeeze 15 points as I've just moved into my 9th year of relevant employment, but two years are slightly at risk of not being considered relevant, so i'm being prudent here with the 5-8 years for 10 points).

Qualification: 15 points (B Com + B Com Hons). SAICA registered CA(SA) so I think that would get me 15 points.

Total: 75 points, possibly 80.

Thanks!

Thanks @TeeTMI , I've calculated that I should have 75 points if i get 20 points for the English Test:

English: 20 points (need to still complete the test, but i'll practice until I get 20).

Employment: 10 points (I might be able to just squeeze 15 points as I've just moved into my 9th year of relevant employment, but two years are slightly at risk of not being considered relevant, so i'm being prudent here with the 5-8 years for 10 points).

Qualification: 15 points (B Com + B Com Hons). SAICA registered CA(SA) so I think that would get me 15 points.

Total: 75 points, possibly 80.

Thanks!

@Rich990 - awesome on the points - have you decided on whether you are doing IELTS or Pearson for your English exam? really comes down to whether you are comfortable around a computer or prefer to write.

@FingersCrossed I haven't yet decided.  I'll be looking into that over the next few days.

I'd probably prefer to do it in person.

Can the Pearson test be done after hours? That might be a winner.

Well I know that the edenvale Pearson test center is open on weekends - which will make it easier.

Awesome!! thanks :)