Visas lodged Jan\Feb 2017

DannyReed32

This grant better come soon! :unsure:

We have tickets booked for our LSD visit departing on the 13th of October! :blink:

If it's not granted within the next two weeks I'll have to apply for a visitors visa. :(

@de@lovelife we are being helped by jesica and reuven @Dean04 I'm sure we will have the visa before october but your kinda in a spot. How long does the visitor visa take to get granted?

I'm told it's about 2 to 6 weeks so I'm giving the 189 a chance till the end of August. :rolleyes:

@DannyReed32 we are also being helped by Jessica and Reuven.....it makes me worried that you applied so long ago and still waiting. They told us it takes about 3-4 months to be granted. Don't know weather I should go ahead and sell my house and vehicles or just wait....this is so depressing.....ours would have been a direct grant because the documents requested( my matric cert and my husbands reference letter from his company) was already in our folder ....lol ....but I think Jessica forgot to upload it.....but anyway what's done is done...so we just wait.....:)

@lovelife I'm sure yours won't take that long. I had some issues with a non migrating dependent as well which set me back quite some time. I've pressed that information provided button twice already. First time was for a declaration and second time was for a unabridged certificate. I had to wait for that for like a month and a half. We should all have our visas this year. It's a bummer she forgot to upload but like you said whats done is done....

All the best hey

Edited by DannyReed32
Changes made

I just followed the link and saw it now. This is nonsense. I can't believe they keep doing that. Our pcc is expiring en of jan next year so if we get the visa after that it will be another delay

5 minutes ago, DannyReed32 said:

I just followed the link and saw it now. This is nonsense. I can't believe they keep doing that. Our pcc is expiring en of jan next year so if we get the visa after that it will be another delay

We have the same problem, our PCC and medicals expire in April 2018 and my husbands passport in March 2018. We applied in April this year so if it takes 11- 15 months then things will start expiring before it is even granted. What then? 

You cannot enter the country with any of those being expired. We'll have to redo it all at our own expense before we're alowed entry. I think most probably you obtain all the docs and upload them again on your immi account and keep them with your passport when entering aus.

I read on another forum about a guy who got his grant with an exempt first entry date because of PCC's that expired.

I also read about people having to resubmit the documents.

Looks like its a decision the case officer makes. <_<

• 2 weeks later...

48 grants so far for today on myimmitracker.com and only one of those are from Brisbane! :o

Hope Brisbane picks up soon and mails us those grants! :magic:

Edited by Dean04

@Dean04 hie Dean, just a quick question, where did you read up about the guy with an exempt first entry bcz of PCC. I'm interested in reading....

So, just had an amaizing call from my agent! B)

189 Granted by Brisbane! :)

Still waiting for the info to sink in! :jester:

First entry date before 28 Feb

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, Dean04 said:

189 Granted by Brisbane! :)

Serious, Brisbane.... there is hope. Congrats. It is truly raining Visas, it looks like a clearance sale right now.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, AdriaanSanta said:

Serious, Brisbane.... there is hope. Congrats. It is truly raining Visas, it looks like a clearance sale right now.

Won't it rain all over the rest of us @AdriaanSanta? If it will just rain on us soon...

• Like 1

@Dean04 congrats, you must be relieved the waiting / uncertainty is now over 😀

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lucian said:

Won't it rain all over the rest of us @AdriaanSanta?

Adelaide has been dishing out Visas like crazy and not much from Brisbane so I really hope they will start catching on soon.

Awesome news @dean04. The wheels of fortune are turning once more

• Like 1

Update from my side: 

Visa lodged: 28 January 2017

Visa grant: 6 April 2017

Initial trip: 16 June 2017

Permanent arrival: 26 June 2017  

Started work: 1 August 2017

Great country. 

Edited by CelticTiger
  • Like 1

Wow wow wow...... we just received our grants this morning...

What a great feeli g. Holding thumbs for everybody else.

Screenshot_2017-09-06-09-46-38.png

• Like 5