Visiting Parents Visa

Dora

Question

Hi There, HELP!

I feel a bit overwhelmed on my parents behalf.  They planned to visit us in June this year which would have given them enough time to apply for their visitors visa.  They are still planning the June visit, but then my mom went and also bought a ticket to come and visit in the beginning of Feb (on the 3rd to be exact) and they basically start the visa process today :wacko:. It's been a while since my parents had to apply for a visitors visa and I believe that a lot has changed.  I'm actually not very confident that my mom will get the visa in time.  I have the following questions:

1. If they only plan to visit for a period of 2 weeks at a time, what visa should they apply for (they are 65+)?
  2. What is the longest period that the above visa would be valid for? i.e. can they apply for a visa that is valid for longer than 12 months?
  3. Do they have to go for medicals if they are ages 65 and 66?
  4. Do they have to work through an agent or can they do it online (ex Pretoria)?
  5. How long does it take?
  6. Are there any agents on the forum who helps with the parent Visas?

TIA

2 answers to this question

Hi There, HELP!

I feel a bit overwhelmed on my parents behalf.  They planned to visit us in June this year which would have given them enough time to apply for their visitors visa.  They are still planning the June visit, but then my mom went and also bought a ticket to come and visit in the beginning of Feb (on the 3rd to be exact) and they basically start the visa process today :wacko:. It's been a while since my parents had to apply for a visitors visa and I believe that a lot has changed.  I'm actually not very confident that my mom will get the visa in time.  I have the following questions:

1. If they only plan to visit for a period of 2 weeks at a time, what visa should they apply for (they are 65+)?
  2. What is the longest period that the above visa would be valid for? i.e. can they apply for a visa that is valid for longer than 12 months?
  3. Do they have to go for medicals if they are ages 65 and 66?
  4. Do they have to work through an agent or can they do it online (ex Pretoria)?
  5. How long does it take?
  6. Are there any agents on the forum who helps with the parent Visas?

TIA

hi Dora,

Maybe call the embassy in Pta.

I would think a Visitors Visa, which could be applied for online.

My understanding is yes they would need medicals because of age.

Biometrics is also a further requirement, you would need to find out where is the closest facility which does this.

The recommended guideline was that it takes 30 days to process this visa if I recall. You can always contact the embassy I guess.

Regarding duration of the visa, I am not sure, you could possibly make them aware of the fact that a further trip is planned for a few months time and the duration of that trip?

I am not an agent, I am just someone who has in the past applied for visitors visa online before. I think you can get good info on immi.gov.au which will provide further or more concrete clarity.

Good luck.