SkillSelect (189/489 visas) 21st December 2016

TeeTMI

Details of the 21st December round of Invitations for the 189 and 489 SkillSelect visa invites have been published on the DIBP web site (Hurray - published quite early this time around).

I have a graph on my website showing how the waiting periods have varied over time. http://www.taylormadeimmigration.com/DaystoInvite
The next rounds are the 4th and 18th January 2017.

- Skilled - Independent (subclass 189) - 1600 invites to be issued
- Skilled - Regional Provisional (subclass 489 - family sponsored) - 200 invites to be issued.
As long as your occupation is not under the ProRata arrangement (see below) things are running quickly swiftly for people with 60+ points.

Points.jpg

Hi @TeeTMI, thanks for the update, they were really quick with giving results this time! Bit confused though, any idea why industrial, mechanical and production engineers now require 65 points. Last week they needed 70 points (it was raised from 60 to 70 on 18 Nov). Do you think this is a typo or have they randomly reduced the points?

Thank, Caz

Hi Caz - we see the points increase and decrease over time. 

Generally it relates to the number of people in the pool, if not many people with 70 points have submitted an EOI since the previous round then it will reduce.

Sometimes people who are invited have found an alternative route in and so don't apply after the DIBP invites them, freeing more places.

Sometimes the DIBP 'automated computer' has a technical glitch and makes mistakes and the adjust the numbers. 

Tee

• Like 1

Hi Tee,

Please explain the pro-rata arrangement system?

I submitted a 70 point EOI on 23/12/2017 under ANZCO code 261311 (Analyst Developer).

From what I've been able to discover the ceiling has not been reached for said code, and there were 65 point invitations sent out for 261311 last round.

Unless there is a flood of > 70 point applications I expect an invitation in relatively short order.

Is my understanding correct? How does the pro-rata arrangement system interfere with my understanding?

Thanks for your time :-)

Regards

EDIT: Nevermind, received my invitation. 

Edited by vengefire
Invitation received
  • Like 2