Ready, set go

Fidjet

Hihi

I have been on here a while, but since we are now ready to start the process it's time to introduce myself properly.

Me and my husband will be applying for permanent residency (189 I think)

We are thinking he should be the primary, he is in IT and has 8 years xp and chances of him getting superior eng is way better than mine... I'm a mechanical engineer with 3 years so, but I don't think I'll get it recognised, not sure it meets EAs requirements.

We just started, busy getting the finances in order, any thoughts/hints/suggestions welcome.

• Like 3

Yay!!!

Good luck!

Welcome, Good luck. I also am applying under the IT route but as a DBA was only able to apply for State Sponsorship in South Australia or Victoria. I am sure you guys will be fine, read lots on the forum and don't be a stranger, we enjoy helping and following each other.

Thanks, and to you. So you planning on heading to the South or Victoria?

Hi Fidjet,

Welcome to the forum.  I would be happy to review both you and your husband's options for migration - no strings attached.  You can email on the address below if you like.

Regards

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SD_MOA said:

Hi Fidjet,

Welcome to the forum.  I would be happy to review both you and your husband's options for migration - no strings attached.  You can email on the address below if you like.

Regards

This is a good offer to take up, as Stephen has an excellent reputation amongst the forumites he's helped.

• Like 2

On 12/20/2016 at 11:36 PM, Fidjet said:

So you planning on heading to the South or Victoria?

@Fidjet We are planning to head to Victoria. When I compared the two, there were jobs available in Adelaide for IT but less than a 10th than what was available in Melbourne. I am a Database Cloud Architect so unfortunately need to focus on big corporates at the moment for work. The general industry is moving more towards the cloud but at the moment I feel the medium to large corporates are the best candidates for cloud jobs. I would feel very comfortable in a smaller company though where I can use my wide skills in the IT industry better. I am a little tired of silos and heavy separation of duties (Don't tell my auditor :) ). I like to get my hands dirty in all aspects of IT, at the moment I am doing fullstack development on a project for a large company (Laughably their own department that handles full stack development would have charged too much internally for their budget so they approached me knowing I am game :) ) 

• Like 1

On 12/22/2016 at 5:19 AM, SD_MOA said:

Hi Fidjet,

Regards

Hi Stephen, thanks for the offer, we sent you an email. 
Hope you have a very Merry Christmas. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Fidjet,

I did have a great Christmas and New Year - I hope you did too.

I have received your email and responded.

Regards

• Like 1