PAYMENT OF VISA COST (SPONSORED)

Jeanette Bosch

Is there anyone of the Forum who can advise on the matter of who is responsible for the Visa Cost when it comes to 186 and 187 Visas (Employer Nominated Scheme and Regional Sponsor Migration Scheme respectively).  Both visas are over R60 000 for the main applicant and spouse together.

I am also trying to establish whether this is done over two payments and who pays for what!  

Lastly, is the situation different whether you are still in SA or whether you are already in Australia on a Working Holiday Visa.

I apologise if this comes across as a stupid question but I find the immi website like a minefield to navigate.  I read one thing and think I've got the answer (applicant pays) and then I read another thing (employers not allowed to expect payment from employee) on a different page or document and I'm confused again.

Many thanks,

J.

For the 186 / 187 visas either party can pay the DIBP visa application charge (your location is irrelevant). 

The payment is made in full when the visa application is submitted.   

5 hours ago, Jeanette Bosch said:

whether you are already in Australia on a Working Holiday Visa.

Just a side note: I've heard that South Africans can't get a Working Holiday Visa. @TeeTMI please can you confirm this.

2 hours ago, RYLC said:

Just a side note: I've heard that South Africans can't get a Working Holiday Visa. @TeeTMI please can you confirm this.

You cannot currently obtain a Working Holiday Visa on a South African Passport.   However a South African with dual citizenship and another eligible passport from another country may be eligible. 

Edited by TeeTMI

Hello Tee,  Thank you SO much for responding to my query.  I'm new to this thing and didn't think I would get a response so quickly.   I've also still to find how to 'Reply' to a post so please forgive this new entry.

When you say 'either party can pay the DIBP'  I am assuming you mean either the sponsor or applicant (irrespective of whether the applicant has a spouse).

Also the WHV should not be a problem as we hold dual nationality (UK and South African) - although I would rather obtain PR sooner than later.

I appreciate all that you do.  I can see that you are also a MARA agent so you must have a very busy life.  It is admirable that you ' give of yourself'  to this website.

Kind regards,

J.

Hi Jeanette, you are welcome.

When replying to a thread you will find the reply option after the last post on the page then it will remain in the same thread and so reads better.  (I will ask admin if they might be able to combine them).

That is correct 'either party can pay the DIBP' with regard to the 186/187 visa application charge relates to the employer and/or the visa applicant.  There is no set requirement for who pays what and some times the employer pays all (including the family), sometimes part sometimes nothing.  Or may just pay the primary applicant's charge, I have seen a variety of splits based on an agreement made between the employer and visa applicant. 

Yes, if you are looking for permanent residence at some point it is generally best to look at obtaining when eligible in case of changes into the future.

All the best with your plans Jeanette

Tee