Dishwasher and washingmachine

Mariushvisser

Question

Good day all

Urgent question for you all.

My container is arriving next week and I want to take my Dishwasher and Washing Machine with.

Now that I have taken them out to prepare for transport I see the Dishwasher still has some water in the bottom of the unit. I phoned Bosch and they advised that the units keep some water in them to protect their rubber seals from perishing. But I am worried first of all if it will be a problem coming in to Australia with water still in it.

Secondly, I have no clue how to drain the water as their is no drainage plug and running the pump is not pushing out any more water,

Same will go with the Washing Machine I suppose.

So, I guess my question is, has any one of you taken over your dishwasher and washing machine and what did you have to do to get in regulation status for that side?

Your feedback will be greatly appreciated.

5 answers to this question

Just a quick comment to confuse you even more.  We are in Melbourne and were looking at lots and lots of properties close to the city.  If you rented (or bought, I think) an apartment or townhouse it would come with a dishwasher included.  They are built in.  Older houses out in the suburbs did not have them.  You might end up having two dishwashers.  

• Like 1

Hi @Mariushvisser, I have not left yet so cannot comment authoritatively, but my guess would be that the heat on the ship might evaporate any water left in the machine if it is not too much. However I agree with @FromDurbs that the general consensus on the forums is that it is not worth taking a dishwasher as most modern homes come with it already installed, also there is a thread of thought on the forum that it is not worth packing your washing machine as you might be able to get a better quality machine at a better price in Australia. Like I said, I have not moved yet so I can only speak from what I have read here on the forums.

Mmmmmmm. LOL this is not making it easier....

I bought a nice dishwasher and dont want to get there and have a crappy one built in...

So probably want to take it with and replace one if it is included in the house.

We had one dishwasher in  5 houses in Sydney. In 3 houses I paid to have it plumbed in in the kitchen. Once we just parked it in the laundry and hooked it up ourselves. Bring if it is new and you have space in your container, but be prepared to roll with the punches. 

• Like 1

We brought over a dishwasher and a washing machine, to Melbourne. We live in the way out far East suburbs, and we still have two dishwashers now, while renting. It seems to be accepted that a house comes with a dishwasher, like it does with a stove. (You might still get the odd one that doesn't...never know...)

Our washing machine was left open, drained and drying for three days, then it got packed for shipping. We have it up and running, no problems. (other than the one hose being missing, so we replaced it here) We didn't ask about water, nobody else asked about water....no issues were encountered.

Make sure it is insured, and then trust the shipping company. If you do what they say and something goes wrong, insurance should see you right.