Tip: NSW driver's licence

Tee

Hi, I'm not on here often but needed to pay something forward. We went to RMS in Castle Hill, off showground rd, across from Harvey Norman, first floor (like a mall). 

Said nothing about SA letter just brought passport, PR visa grant docs, bank letter (proof of accounts/address) and one other photo ID. 

We were in and out in minutes. My Teller didn't check my SA licence. Hubby's Teller took it to man in the back as well as another employee to verify. 

Perhaps there are Saffers working there, perhaps they've seen enough of us to recognise licences... Who knows? We played dumb. 

If I was aware beforehand I would definitely get letter to be safe. We took a chance. The quote from docassist was R1400! 

Good luck!

• Like 1

Must agree! We went out of our way to get the letters from SA. This morning we went to apply for our licences at the service center in Coffs Harbour and they never even requested the letters. I gave them a copy anyway. So it may be a risk not getting the letter but I suppose it depends where you apply

• 1 month later...