Pearson test at Edenvale - anyone been there?

Hi everyone,

My husband has booked a Pearson test for 20 January next year at the Cape Town centre, but we are worried that he might need to write it again and then time will be running out for us (birthday in March). As the Cape Town centre is closed now until mid-Jan, he's thinking of booking a test for later on in December at the Language Test Centre in Edenvale, Jhb and flying up. 

If anyone has been there to write the test, what was the venue and setup like? They have so many slots and dates available compared to the other testing centre in Jhb, so we are starting to wonder if there is a specific reason for that? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Caz

My wife wrote at the Edenvale centre.  It's basically a house that they've converted into a test centre.  Didn't have any issues writing here.

• Like 2

Also wrote there. No problems at all. Secured parking inside the yard.

Also it being more quiet than the other centres is a good thing as less people will be around you so you won't get distracted by a bunch of people talking....

Apparently the Sandton centre gets very busy and it can get a bit distracting...

• Like 1

My husband went to Edenvale. If possible, book for a morning session in the middle of the week and call beforehand to check on how many bookings there are. Because we live in Joburg, we literally phoned on the Monday, were told there was only one other booking on the Tuesday and booked right away. Not as easy from CT. 

Hi there, thanks for your responses. My husband's booked his test for 30 December and will purchase the gold pack (from all the other tips/advice I've read on the forum). Holding thumbs we get those 10 extra points, so we can update our EOI! :)