More Occupations added to the Pro-Rata Occupations

TeeTMI

Three more occupations have been added to the Pro-Rata occupation list.

As expected given the speed at which the quota has been used the following occupations have been added to the ProRata occupations.
2335** Industrial, Mechanical and Production Engineers and
2334** Electronics Engineers

However, another occupation also added to the list include
2544** Registered Nurses
This last group was unexpected and we are awaiting clarification, but potentially may relate to the number of Employer Sponsored applications in this occupation this year?

Below the number of points/deeming date require as of the 23rd November to receive an invitation  (N/A =  DIBP have not yet provided details)

Points.jpg

Very interesting what is happening in the ICT Business Analyst category. The 26 October 2016 round summary showed that the visa date of effect was 18 May 2016 at 65 points.

This summary you provided above show that at 23 November the visa date of effect went back to 2 April 2016 at 65 points. 

How does this work? Wouldn't they have issued invites to 65 pointers up to 18 May 2016? Why the need to return to 2 April 2016?

So glad I received my 190 invite!

@Zaprime, this is what I meant when I said that they put some occupations on a 'rationing system'. I can see that electronics engineers are there, but they haven't yet started upping the points requirements. I'll be holding both my thumbs and my big toes for you!!!

Oh, and they select based on a combination of your application points and the date you submitted. Higher score and earlier submission being preferable. So if you don't have the high score then an early submission could potentially save your skin. (I think...)

Edited by RedPanda

On 08/12/2016 at 3:45 AM, planningahead said:

This summary you provided above show that at 23 November the visa date of effect went back to 2 April 2016 at 65 points. 

How does this work? Wouldn't they have issued invites to 65 pointers up to 18 May 2016? Why the need to return to 2 April 2016?

Yes, it does look odd when that happens.  What can occur is that whilst invitations are issued the person to whom they are issued does not take then up during the 60 days provided.  When that occurs the space becomes available again.  I am assuming that this may be what has happened - that or potentially a glitch in the system which we have also seen on the odd occassion?  

Just to update the situation regarding Registered Nurses.  The DIBP are expected to confirm that they made an error placing this occupation on the Pro Rata system on the DIBP web site when they publish details of the next round of invites. 

• 4 weeks later...

@TeeTMI, what do they mean when they say N/A for Electronics Engineers? 

2 hours ago, Zaprime said:

@TeeTMI, what do they mean when they say N/A for Electronics Engineers? 

Where they printed N/A - it meant that the information was not available.   I think on the above occasion there was a technical glitch in the system?

Attached below is the most recent (whilst the DIBP web site states 7 Dec this was after the 21st Dec invites and given the date of some suspect that it should state the 21st?)

Points.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks.

What does the visa date of effect column mean? 

Hi Zaprime

The visa date of effect column relates to the group of people that an invitation to apply for a visa was sent out to.  Under the application process you initially submit an Expression of Interest for a visa.  The DIBP then invite people to apply for a visa.  Where there are more applicants than places then the DIBP prioritises people 1) to people with the highest number of points, and 2) where necessary to those in that point range that applied first.

So for example for Electronics Engineers in the table above people who had 1) over 65 points would have been invited, and 2) people with 65 points who had applied prior to 15/12/2016 at 6:46pm would also have been invited.

• Like 1