457 time frame

CandiceH

Question

We are a family of 3 applying on the 457 route. Nomination was accepted on the 18th of October and medicals being done on the 6th of December.  How much long should it take before we get our grant?  Work wants me to start end of Jan and I'm a bit worried it won't happen in time.

13 answers to this question

We lodged without the medicals completed.  It took a month to notify us that the medicals should be done.  We waited 3 weeks for an appointment to do the medicals and the visa was granted 3 weeks later. 

Hi guys.

Our agent is going to lodge ours tomorrow, also on a 457 visa. Medicals not done yet.

What can we expect when going for the medicals , any advise?

We are doing our medicals with intercare in Tygervalley but there will be a list of practices you can use once you have completed the medical questions on the application form.

On 30 November 2016 at 2:29 PM, FromDurbs said:

We lodged without the medicals completed.  It took a month to notify us that the medicals should be done.  We waited 3 weeks for an appointment to do the medicals and the visa was granted 3 weeks later. 

Hi there,. What docs did you need to take with you for the medicals? Just passports and HAP ID?

Thanks!

Hi Candice,

just to give you our timelines. We lodged our 457visa and booked our medicals the same day (didn't wait for the CO to request them). We did the medicals at hatmed 3days later and we did need to wait for a medical report for my husband, but once everything was submitted, the visa's were issued in 2weeks. So, our visa's took 3wks in total from submission. This was all processed in August/Sept this year.

Good Luck! 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, LeaS said:

Hi Candice,

just to give you our timelines. We lodged our 457visa and booked our medicals the same day (didn't wait for the CO to request them). We did the medicals at hatmed 3days later and we did need to wait for a medical report for my husband, but once everything was submitted, the visa's were issued in 2weeks. So, our visa's took 3wks in total from submission. This was all processed in August/Sept this year.

Good Luck! 

Did you get a CO assigned first or did you just log in one day and it was granted?  We lodged medicals on the 6th of Dec and still waiting. Maybe there are delays, not sure.

Edited by CandiceH

Hi @CandiceH

Our case officer was assigned first. I didnt do it myself as my company has an internal immigration dept, so they lodged for me and had access to the immi account. They just told me after about 3 or 4 days that the CO had already been assigned. 

And then the visa grant was emailed to me.

I think that there is quite a delay with visa processing at the moment as friends of mine who were just coming over to Aus on holiday literally only got their visa's issued a few hours before their flights took off (this was last week). December is a busy month. 

Good Luck and hope you get a surprise Christmas pressie soon!