Sydney Bondi Junction to Arthur Street in North Sydney

TakeItOnTheChin

Hi All, especially the Sydney dwellers on this forum.

I need some advise or shall I say guidance. I have never landed in Sydney before, it has always been Brisbane. I am arriving in Sydney on Sunday night 4 December and will be staying at a hotel in Bondi Juction, Grafton Street. Next morning I have an interview in North Sydney, Arthur Street. So in order to save time I need to know the best way to get there that morning. Trying to read the train/underground maps but have not got clarity yet. Or is a taxi the best. There seems to be train stations around Grafton Street, is that the best option?

Thanks guys, just trying my luck with this forum in order to cut down research time

Cheers

Train, it couldn't be easier and WAY cheaper than a Taxi.

Catch the T1 from Bondi Junction to Town Hall, switch to the T4 line and take it to North Sydney, then walk to Arthur St 5mins away.

You just need to buy an Opal card, it works on buses, trains and light rail. You tap on at your start and off when you arrive at your destination. The money is automatically deducted from the card and you can load more credit on at the station and several stores, where you can also top up. 

Hope that helps and good luck with the interview.

Cheers

Matt

Edited by AFreshStart

I think AFreshStart may have it mixed up.

It's the T4 from Bondi to Town Hall

and T1 to North Sydney (Stops are after Town Hall) Wynyard, Milsons Point, North Sydney. It's on Platform 3.

(I used this every day of the week) You're good to take any train on Platform 3 as they all go past North Sydney.

If you need any help, try - http://www.sydneytrains.info/

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ORC said:

I think AFreshStart may have it mixed up.

It's the T4 from Bondi to Town Hall

and T1 to North Sydney (Stops are after Town Hall) Wynyard, Milsons Point, North Sydney. It's on Platform 3.

(I used this every day of the week) You're good to take any train on Platform 3 as they all go past North Sydney.

If you need any help, try - http://www.sydneytrains.info/

Yip, sorry, reversed the lines, responded at 5.30am, dyslexia kicking in it seems... Destinations are correct and flow of travel, just mixed the lines up, thanks!

Also wasn't very clear that you can BUY an Opal card at some convienance stores as well.

Cheers

Matt

Thanks all, it went very well today.............I am an expert on the T4 and T1.

• Like 2

Download the Tripview App.  It tells you how to get from anywhere to anywhere on any form of public transport in Sydney with live updates on arrival times, platforms etc.  It's been getting me around Sydney for years without fail.