Landed and Settling

JaSi

Hi guys,

I have recently arrived in Melbourne and wifey is coming over in December. I have been exploring the city and the sites but its just not as fun without the wife. I have to honestly admit I miss her!

Since landing, I have discovered the most insane coffee, food, people and city in general. I am truly humbled by this place and thankful for the opportunity. The working culture is fantastic so far. The people truly work hard, are super motivated and willing to help whenever you need it. I am looking forward to making some friends apart from my colleagues. 

Are there any events or meetups that we should consider?

Thanks for all the assistance and support you guys have provided up to now. If anyone is ever in Melbs and would like to grab a coffee, have a chat or just hear one of my awesome jokes, please don't hesitate to send me a pm.

Cheers,
Jaco

• Like 6

Welcome to Melbourne @JaSi With your positive attitude you will be able to make the adjustment much quicker. Just don't hold your breath on the weather. After 5 months here  I can safely say it is the thing I dislike the most about the city. Nothing can be planned and people are always sick as result of weather being 35 on day and 16 the next. :wacko:

Meeting for a coffee is def the Melbourne way to meet new people. It is a challenge not knowing anybody but you seem to be working in a good environement which always helps.

6 hours ago, BobSA said:

Just don't hold your breath on the weather.

Jis, I almost fell off my chair laughing!!! It's almost verbatim what I told him! :lol: 

But the coffee is the best I've had anywhere, hands down.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I have to agree on the weather:  I've been to Melbourne 4 times during different seasons and I've never experienced good weather (maybe my bad luck...). I love the CDB of Melbourne though - the little laneways, the graffiti, the cafes, restaurants and arty farty feel of it. 

It's a bit lonely without your family - especially when you're still finding your feet and settling in.  I hope some Melbournians reach out to you.  Hang in there!

• Like 2