Decision made - We going to Aus!

Prep4Aus

Hi All

Wow!

The discussions and decisions around immigrating is heart wrenching - to leave your family, friends and country behind.

My wife and I have decided to start the process of gathering info and paperwork to get to Aus by end 2017 (fingers crossed).

Some background -

My wife (31) is a professional full time photographer for the past 6 years. Previously she was in sales and account management for 6 years.

Me (35) on the other hand have completed my Electrical Engineering Degree, Mining Engineering degree, MBA & PMP. 

I've previously worked in a heavy factory environment as an engineer and project manager for 9 years (Durban). Afterwards we moved to Johannesburg and I started as a project manager in the mining industry (Jhb) for over 6 years now.

I would like to get the ball rolling and start applications for a 189 General Skilled VISA.

I've started going through the forum to investigate the process, costs and eligibility. Thank you all for your contributions to the forum! It helps us newbies a lot.

We would love to hear from you and your experiences!

Welcome @Prep4Aus

This forum has helped me keep my sanity over the past year. I highly recommend reading the Journals section, where a lot of people share their stories and learnings. Good luck. 

@Prep4Aus, welcome to the forum, and good luck with your journey... trust it will all go smoothly for you!

Hi @Prep4Aus, seeing as you will probably be using your engineering qualification to come over? you should try to get your application in before July 2017. There is a very strong possibility that they will be taking (almost all) engineering off the 189 list. So if I were you, I'd try to speed things up and keep both eyes peeled for news an developments in this area.

All the best with your preparations, good luck!

Good luck to you and your family on this journey, it is a rewarding one. If there are bumps in the road then look over and beyond them, not losing site of your ultimate goal and focus!