New to the forum

Shaundike

Hi All,

New to the forum. After years of deliberation we have finally made the decision to immigrate to Aus. My wife is a Teacher and I am a Marketing Manager. We have two kids, 5 and 2. We are meeting with an agent this coming Friday to get the ball rolling. We are hoping to get in on either the 189 or 190. From the research I have done, my wife does not currently have the right qualifications (she has a diploma in early childhood education) and will need to study her PGCE in order to work in Aus. My degree (BCom Marketing) gets me on the CSOL so will see what this all means for us when we meet our agent. Looking at either Perth or the Gold Coast at the moment, but honestly would go anywhere just to get into the Aus.

Looking forward to meeting you all and learning and sharing my experience along the way. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Ciao for now,

Shaun

• Like 3

Hi @Shaundike

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on the life changing decision you guys have made. 

Good luck on the process and let us know how it goes.

Welcome @Shaundike

You have come to the right place. This forum is a lifeline. 

Welcome :D 

Personally, just off the bat, I would rather go East coast any day, just because relocating would be so much easier (should the need arrive). But it depends on many things, most important: Where will you be able to find work? It helps to have some kind of support network when you land, but after a while you need to support yourself, and that's just more likely where there are more jobs available for your field.

Anyway, best of luck! Hope it goes smoothly for you. (and shout if you have questions) ;) 

4 hours ago, RedPanda said:

Welcome :D 

Personally, just off the bat, I would rather go East coast any day, just because relocating would be so much easier (should the need arrive). But it depends on many things, most important: Where will you be able to find work? It helps to have some kind of support network when you land, but after a while you need to support yourself, and that's just more likely where there are more jobs available for your field.

Anyway, best of luck! Hope it goes smoothly for you. (and shout if you have questions) ;) 

Thanks @RedPanda, I am also leaning towards the East. We have family in New Zealand and also have very close friends immigrating to Gold Coast so most likely trying to get there. But as you say, we will have to go where we find work.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...