Flow Diagram for Visa Application Status changes

Kevin

I have seen several queries about the sequence of status messages associated with visa applications. This may help.

Here is a diagram showing the flow of state changes that can occur in a visa application.

Flow Diagram for Visa Status.jpg

The diagram can be see in this DIBP document: https://www.border.gov.au/help-text/online-account/Documents/status_immiaccount.pdf.

Important to note: The "Awaiting documents" state is currently only used for applications for citizenship. In visa applications, one can only currently upload evidence once in the "Application received" or "Information requested" states.

Edited by Kevin
Added clarification regarding the uploading of documents.
  • Like 2

Does anybody know how likely it is to get a "decline" after the long wait - in other words: if it is declined, will you hear rather quickly or can it be anywhere in the wait? 

(no reason - just wondering)

Edited by wonderer

@wonderer

My husband keeps asking the same question. Assume people are unlikely to post when their visas are declined during the last stages, so difficult to check how often this happens, if at all. I am sticking to our agents belief that if you follow the rules and meet the points requirements and all other criteria, you will get a grant.

I am interested in hearing others' opinions/ experiences. 

• Like 1

@Husky - True you dont hear of many visa's getting declined and I think that is due to the fact that there are alot of check boxes you need to complete before you get to the stage where your visa application is submitted. If you complete all the various stages successfully, then I believe only a major medical situation could result in the visa being declined. You should know well before you submit your visa application what your chances are.

• Like 1