Police Clearance

RussellJ

Question

Hi everyone,

Is it possible to do the police station part of the police clearance process ie. Whatever they do at the police station, like finger prints etc. Hold on to the envelope and then when the time is appropriate, send off that doc to Pretoria?

Is the timeline for PCC dated from date of receipt of application at Pretoria or the date process is initiated at police station as indicated on some form they may provide?

Thanks everyone.

6 answers to this question

Hi @RussellJ.

1) Yes, you can get your fingerprints taken and then delay submitting them a little while. I doubt you could do so indefinitely, but some delay perhaps on the scale of weeks should be fine. The process of having your fingerprints taken and paying for the PCC is ostensibly quite separate from the process by which the police clearance is investigated and issued.

2) I'm not sure which timeline you are referring to, but it may help to know that the date on your PCC will be the date of issue, not the date on which you applied. Hence, it will remain valid for 12 months from the date that it is signed and stamped by the particular police officer that processes it. (Validity here is validity for applying for an Australian visa.)

Hello

Sorry to hijack this thread - just wanted to check something. I did a search on the SAPS website on the progress of my police certificate and I see that the Finalized date has been updated. Does that mean that I can go and collect the certificate or do I have to wait for a SMS?

On ‎2016‎-‎11‎-‎16 at 9:39 AM, FingersCrossed said:

Hello

Sorry to hijack this thread - just wanted to check something. I did a search on the SAPS website on the progress of my police certificate and I see that the Finalized date has been updated. Does that mean that I can go and collect the certificate or do I have to wait for a SMS?

did you get sms?

Hi Everyone

I believe this is now the requirement although we haven't landed yet to go and apply we contacted the RTMC (Road Traffic Management Corporation) via email and then on the phone to have the Verification of South African Drivers License Letters issued for my wife and i.

They don't post of courier the original and are only based in Pretoria so we had to arrange for someone to collect and then send to us and all that they needed at the RTMC was our ID Copies for someone to collect. Unfortunately we don't have family or friends that could help so we contacted DocAssist but they quoted me R1,324 just to collect 2 pieces of paper for my wife and i from RTMC!! :angry:

We used another company called South Coast Fingerprinting Services for our Police Clearance and all we had to do was go to out local policy station, do the paperwork, fingerprint and pay the R95 and then send via PostNet to PostNet and they handled the rest in PTA/JHB and that cost us R400 per application (R800 for my wife and i)

So i was trolling through a Facebook Group for Sydney and came across and advert for PostNet Pretoria CBD - https://www.facebook.com/postnetptacbd/?fref=ts 

I sent them a message and instantly got a reply this morning confirming that they offer the service above and also the service for Police Clearance Collection etc and for our documents above it was R400 for both and that included the R99 PostNet to PostNet overnight delivery charge!! :ilikeit:

I was utterly blown away by their service and will definitely recommend Philip & Christa on any of your document requests!

Hope this helps and all the best ;)  

Just a quick heads up. Was at the SAPS records center in Pretoria this week to fetch our PCCs. There is a small notice saying they are closed from 2 December midday until 4 December for fumigation. So if you were planning to go collect your PCCs, rather wait till next week. Know a lot of people drive from quite far. 

Edited by Husky
Spelling
  • Like 1