Anyone with a PHYSICAL disability who has applied for PR?

NicoletteJ

Question

Hi everyone! I've slowly been posting questions here regarding a PR application (189) and I'm finding the forums very helpful and interesting. I've contacted a recommended agent who to my surprise, suggested that my congenital physical disability (something I was born with) may result in a rejection at the end of this process (and I'll lose a lot of money).

I never thought it was a factor as I don't have any medical/chronic conditions (I'm healthier than most) and my only medical expenses are physio (not a necessity - I have it as medical aid pays for it) and a prosthesis that is replaced every 5-6 years at the most (last one cost R50 000). The agent suggested that I contact Dr Baz for a medical evaluation. This will cost $!200 (!) and while I understand that the agent is being cautious (and helping me avoid unnecessary costs in the end) I don't feel that the evaluation will tell me anything that I don't already know - she says that it's to assess the long-term costs of my disability to the government.

MY QUESTION: Is there anyone on this forum who has applied successfully for a PR with a PHYSICAL disability?

One of the main attractions of living in Australia is the fact that not is so disabled-friendly!

P.S. I'll add in that I'm financially independent, have a Master's degree and 11 years of work experience.:)

18 hours ago, NicoletteJ said:

@RedPanda thanks, that's a great was of putting it! I guess it's all about taking risks! :):o 

Yes...but calculated ones. ;) 

• Like 1