Here goes

NellaBella

Hi All,

My name is Ronél Fourie.  I am married with two children, a boy(4) and a girl(2).  We live in a small town called Postmasburg in the Northern Cape.

After much deliberation we eventually decided that we want to immigrate to Australia.  We are now sure that we want to go (I think), but we don’t know where to start this daunting process.  I will be reading through the posts and asking a lot of questions.   I am sure that we will find our way with the help of this forum and its members.  So here goes.

• Like 1

Hi Nella Bella, congratulations with your decision and prepare yourself for lots of reading!

You may wish to tell us what the qualifications of the main applicant is. as then we could give you some direction.

Thank you, Mara.  My husband will be the main applicant.  He is a qualified diesel mechanic.

Welcome @NellaBella I have 2 boys the same ages. My wife is not skilled and I don't have a degree. With that I decided to go with an agent and he has helped me through the process. It is definitely possible to do without an agent, I just felt, for my situation it would be easier with one. I would start by looking through the visa options on http://www.border.gov.au and  see what you might qualify for. You can also look on  https://www.anzscosearch.com/ to see which list your husband's qualification is on. (the lists are on the border website as well, I just like the ease of searching on anzscosearch.

Wishing you the best going forward.

• Like 1

And when you decide that you may need the help of an agent, we have two on the forum that come highly recommended:

@TeeTMI Tee Taylor of Taylor Made Immigration

and

@SD_MOA Stephen Dickson of Migration Outcomes Australia

You can send either of them an PM (top right of screen)

• Like 1

Welcome @NellaBella. You're starting what will admittedly be a long and tiring journey but probably all of us here believe that you're making the choice.