IELTS

TeacherSA

Do a search for IELTS, you will find many, many threads about it. I am writing Pearson (tomorrow - eek!) and I've purchased their preparation pack and used loads of Youtube videos that describe the exam and what to expect etc; in all likelihood you'll find similar resources for IELTS. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Compliments of the season to all on the forum.

For any first time writers, Don't go into the exams thinking it's like Matric Finals, because it's not!!!! I failed my first attempt, but by only half a point, which was extremely annoying, but never the less booked a 2nd test date as soon as was available. I hardly studied for the 2nd exam, as I felt that you start to over analyze when in the exam. It's easier said than done, but relax, DON'T PANIC. 

With exceptions to the writing and speaking modules, the answers are all in front of you, even with the listening exam. Speak from the heart in the Speaking exam, say it like it is, but be sure of your grammar, oh and don't be scared to crack a joke either. My Invidulator was in hysterics after the tape recorder stopped. 

They are literally tests of your "everyday life, and communication abilities", not your understanding of a school syllabus.

Edited by Gaza82
Well wishes for the new year rudely omitted.
  • Like 1