Going to OZ

G2OZ

Hello All,

We are a family of 4 living in Randburg, starting our exciting journey of immigrating to Oz. I am an IT Engineer for a large organisation in SA.

I have lodged my ACS skills assessment on the 3rd of October and am anxiously awaiting the results. In the meantime, i am preparing for the PTE which is proving to be quite allot of prep work but am confident that ill cope with it.

Hey welcome,

Yeah, if you prep the PTE isn't too bad.. my only advice, the one thing that that caught me was: I tend to speak quite fast normally... and when stressed maybe a little faster...

So just be conscious that it is going to be marked by a computer, so slow it down a little...

Thanks for that advice, i will keep that in mind.

Welcome G2OZ. This is an awesome site filled with so much useful information. My husband has done both PTE and IELTS and he says PTE is the better option. 

Even though he did not get the required superior points we anticipated he still recomends PTE and his recomendation is if you prepare well it shouldn't be to bad. We have decided to do PTE as many times as needed to get needed points.

Goodluck to you and your family on this journey :) you will have highs and lows but just stay strong and keep the faith.

Toodles

Thanks Lynnor. Other great news i got today was a positive skills assessment.....WOOHOOO. Now to focus on the PTE. Most of it is pretty straight forward except the retelling of lectures and summarising spoken text, those require quite allot of practice. Hope all goes well with your hubbies test  

Whoop whoop congratulations you on your way to OZY lol.

Yip the summarizing of txt is a bit stringent.

Thanks for the well wishes. :D