Going it alone

Queque

Hi guys, most seem to make the move in pairs, triples, or quadruples, very few alone. Would the loan rangers please advise how they found the whole move process, I'd be really keen to hear the unique experiences of going it alone; what did you leave behind, what did you walk into?

Cheers

Hi Queque

You are not alone in this journey. I would pretty much say Iv been doing it all alone besides the fact that i have a 6 year old. She is pretty much in darkness and doesnt know whats happening. Started my journey in March 2016 with writing IELTS, got my skills assessed, applied for a job in June 2016, skills approved July 2016 and job offered August 2016. Visa lodged Sept , 457 Visa approved October. Now having mixed emotions (fear of leaving family and friends and a good support network,, versus excitement of starting a new journey).  I see a lot of people doing the move with spouses and sometimes feel like am taking a risk. Nonetheless I know what i want for me and my 6 year old and we are almost there. Each day i tell myself God is in control. Good luck with your journey.

• Like 1

Hi Kekee

It is super that the process has gone so quick for you! Not to mention having a sponsor makes the move a lot cheaper! 

If you are used to the support system you have in SA, it will definitely be a big adjustment. My sister raised my nephews in Aus for number of years by herself for a lot of the time (her husband works away a lot of the time). From what I've seen it's advisable to find friends with kids so you can take turns entertaining them once in a while, a night or day off for some alone time to get things done. There are a lot of parks in Aus, and public transport works well, it's not difficult finding things out and about to keep the kids entertained, but it does require a lot of your time.

Unfortunately that's all I can say based on observation as I don't have kids of my own, hopefully the members with kids can offer better insight.

Haha, my sister would say 'Yes that's right, God is in control' :P

I wish you luck on your exciting adventure. Which part of Aus will you be landing in if I may ask?

• Like 1

Thanks Queque, the support system is surely needed.