Intro

JaSi

Hi all,

My name is Jaco. I am a Data Engineer living in Centurion. I am looking to move to Aus with my significant other in a months time.

I was fortunate enough to have been headhunted from down under and we are super excited for the opportunity. The Melbourne-based organisation was quite eager for me to start sooner rather than later and expedited the process. The 457 Visa was approved in roughly 4 weeks after we completed our medicals. Since we were thinking of applying for a subclass 189 we fortunately already had IELTS done and much of the paperwork in order. I am planning on either applying for a subclass 189 whilst in Aus or investigating the direct entry stream via a 457 visa. 

Looking forward to the adventure, enjoying getting rid of all our stuff and very thankful for all the info made available on this site over the years. I hope I can contribute meaningfully.

Thanks.

• Like 3

@JaSi well let me say welcome... to Melbourne. I trust you will both be very happy here. I will send you my contact details, just in case you need advice or assistance, once you have landed.

You are most welcome. Please remember, call if you have questions... I also look forward to meeting you both... so coffee/tea will be on the cards.

10 minutes ago, Mara said:

You are most welcome. Please remember, call if you have questions... I also look forward to meeting you both... so coffee/tea will be on the cards.

Mara serves delicious coffee...I would take her up on the offer. ;) 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,

Just to clean this up. I arrived and I am very interested in the coffee mentioned earlier as soon as the wife is here. looking forward to meeting some fellow forum members.

Cheers
Jaco

Edited by JaSi

@JaSi   Hi Jaco.  Maybe you should meet my husband.  We arrived yesterday in Melbourne.  I start work tomorrow on a 457 visa and my husband will get us settled in while he sorts out his professional registration.  He might appreciate some company and might also get lonely without a job of his own. 

• Like 1