Engineers Australia Assessment Dilemma

CazK

Question

Hi everyone, my question is about the Engineers Australia international accords qualification assessment. My husband has an electro-mechanical engineering degree (Washington accord accredited), but works as a mechanical engineer. We've been advised to send in the degree for assessment along with a skills assessment to back up the slight deviation in career path. Our other option is a CDR. Either way, we are using the fast track, as time is of the essence. Has anyone else been in this predicament (electro-mechanical vs mechanical engineering) and which method did you use? It's expensive to have these things assessed and fast tracked, so we don't want to have to redo the whole thing if EA is sticky about it.

Thanks, Caz

1 answer to this question

So to answer my own question...

Yes, it is possible to get a positive qualifications assessment from Engineers Australia if you studied an undergrad elec-mech engineering degree, but wish to nominate your occupation as a mechanical engineer. My husband sent in his degree and backed it up with a skills assessment based on work experience as a mechanical engineer. Received the positive outcome today! We are so excited, as this could have been a major hurdle to progressing with the 189 visa. :D

• Like 4