Getting university transcripts in South Africa

NicoletteJ

Has anyone in this group had recent dealings with getting original certificates and transcripts from their South African universities? With the current protests, many admin departments are closed and I wondered if I'm going to battle to get these from Stellenbosch. 

I recently had to do all of this- please keep in mind that I'm a UJ alumni although I believe the process would be similar for you.

For academic transcripts (courses taken and associated marks achieved) and supplements (course descriptions, course objectives, etc.) you will need to use Qualification Verification Services. I see Maties is on their list of universities for which they provide the service.  Their link: https://www.qvs.co.za/

For actual degree certificates, you will need to request this from your respective University.

• 3 weeks later...

Please advise if there is any other documents needed from SA University other than transcripts for a student who is currently in their 2nd year of a 4 year Interior Design degree. Student hoping to continue with studies in Melbourne next year 2017.

• 2 months later...

For anyone looking for a UNISA transcript; a trip to a regional office will suffice. They print it while you wait and the is no charge.

I was in the building for less than 5 minutes :D