cellphones and celphone packages

Theshi

Good day forumites, we leave in exactly 28 days and are finalising accounts this side. our question is to do with cellphone options. how does it work that side do you get contracts or its prepaid and which are the best service providers? what would your advice be wrt a situation where an employer has given you an option to take over current contract of a 6month phone with 18months left. do we take up the offer or  should we rather decline the offer and get a new one in Aussie. if we are to take up the offer will the phone work since most contract phones are network locked. TIA

My husband and I are both with amaysim. You can check their packages online then order the sim card which is delivered the next day.

I pay $24.90 for 1.5Gb

unlimited local /national calls

unlimited text/international text

unlimited calls to 10 countries

My husband has $29 option with 3GB same package.

There is no contract with amaysim you pay month by month and you can change the package when you like to suit your needs. Personally I would not take over someone else's contract. Phone contracts here are fairly cheap. Just have a look when you get here. ?

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/15/2016 at 2:15 PM, Marcodasilva said:

Hi @emmayenkanna can one pre order the above option so that the SIM cards are ready when we arrive in December? Sounds like a great deal!

I am sure if you have an address for them to forward it to then yes.

Here is the website; https://www.amaysim.com.au/

You can check out the plans here and various options.

Regards

Emma

Thanks Emma, sounds great!

Do you know if our current cellphones will work with this sim?

We have an iPhone and a Samsung? Worried about the network lock...

If your phone is network locked then no.  This is something you will have to test yourself by popping another network's sim into your phone.