457 Visa timelines

Kay

Question

Anybody out there who applied at the same time as me and got their visa already? How long does it take to get the 'grant'?

here are my timelines.

Sponsored Nomination applied for 21 June

Visa incl medicals and all submitted 5 Aug

Nomination granted 19 Aug

my status still only says received. Does that mean a CO has not even been assigned?

16 answers to this question

Hi Kay, 

We have just been granted our 457 visa last week, so thought I would let you know our timelines so that you can see. It seems that ours went through very quickly.

5 August 2016 - Job Offer Received

17 August 2016 - Contract Signed

23 August 2016 - All visa docs submitted to Company in Aus to process

27 August 2016 - Health Declarations Submitted online (I did these myself)

30 August 2016 - Visa Application Lodged

30 August 2016 - Medicals done in SA

07 September 2016 - Case Officer Assigned

12 September 2016 - Medicals Finalised (this took some time as we needed a medical report from our doctor)

28 September 2016 - Visa's Granted

So, it took us 4 weeks and 1 day in total. I think that the process was a bit quicker for us as I did the Health Declarations before the visa was lodged and didn't wait for the CO to request the Medicals. Although, I am also not 100% sure. 

I did have all the docs required ready and waiting, like IELTS results, etc as we were in the process to try and apply for a 190 visa, but didn't end up going that route. So when they asked me for my docs, I literally sent them them through to them the next day, so it was a very quick process to get our application ready. 

Also, the university that I am going to work for has a whole internal immigration department, so they clearly know what they are doing. 

Good Luck to you and I really hope that yours comes through quickly.

Please let me know if I can help you with any other questions that you might have. 

Take care, 

Lea

• Like 1

Wow you are so lucky. Cant believe how fast this visa was approved. I also submitted the Health Dec before the visa. Didnt help me though. I will also work at a University...but clearly not as good as yours?

My work contract only starts in feb so maybe they thinke they can take their time. But we have our flights booked for mid dec. So i really hope i dont have to apply for visitor visas for the whole fam. 

As far as I know it is supposed to speed up the process. I filled in the Health Declarations form online before I submitted the Visa. My timeline was 457 Visa lodged 5 August and granted on 10th October.

Received our Visa grant this

morning total processing times 4 months and 9 days !!!! So excited and what a relief the wait is over ?

Edited by MelanieMas
  • Like 1

I just have the share my joy.  We got our visa grant this morning.  I woke up early and saw it at 4 am and actually had to wait for husband to wake up before I could tell anyone.  I will resign my job in a week, so cant tell anyone at work. 

Hi all

So glad u all received your 457 Visas.  All the best with final preparations for moving. You are giving me hope.

I got a job offer in Melbourne and decided to wait for sponsorship before lodging visa. Sponsorship was received on the 6th of September. Had to do medicals first and submitted my application on the 12th of September. Case officer was assigned on the 13th of September and requested for further information..namely 

1. Proof of Child's custody ( I am a single parent with a 6 year old. Child uses my surname and  father of child gave consent for me to travel with child. I still do not understand why they requested proof of custody. Non the less I re-submited another consent and testimonial from the father  because the children's court advised that  there is no need   for custody if the father is giving permission.) Anxiously hoping this will be approved. Praying hard.

2. Child's medicals, which took long because empathy took long with the bloods.

3. Service Declaration form.

All the above were submitted on the 16th of September. No response yet. Graciously waiting for the 28 working days to pass as i keep checking emails hoping to get approval:). I just hope the custody issue wont affect my outcome.

Kekee, congratulations on your visa grant... now for the move... hope it all goes smoothly!

After a very long time - sure some of the older members will remember me ...finally got the visa grant on the 457 (187 was miserably withdrawn as they were being very difficult and technical plus taking far too long ..7 months just to pick up the file) so got a migration agent and started all over again on the 457.

Agent submitted all docs: 17 August 2016

Visa Grant - 18 October 2016

:D

• Like 2

visa granted  this morning 

Visa lodged 6 September 2016

Medicals  completed  20 September 2016

Grant 26 October 2016

No more regular morning  visits into immiaccount 

Thanks Theshi. I am heading to Melbourne. Where are you heading?