How to find a job in 28 days?

AdeleC

I have received an invite to apply for a State Nomination for the 190 Skilled - Nominated visa. I have 28 days to submit an application together with a firm job offer. Is this even possible? where do I start?

The job offer part of the question is confusing. If I read the requirements for Skilled Nominated visa (subclass 190) it doesnt state that you need a firm job offer as part of the application process. Perhaps a migration agent can answer that part.

tps://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/190-

For the part: Finding a job in 28 days. This is a tall order as the entire recruitment process from advertising, selection, interviews, final interviews, negotiations, final selection may all take longer than that. 

@AdeleC  it may help if you tell us what you do and which state you are looking at.

3 hours ago, ottg said:

The job offer part of the question is confusing. If I read the requirements for Skilled Nominated visa (subclass 190) it doesnt state that you need a firm job offer as part of the application process. Perhaps a migration agent can answer that part.

The 190 visa application does not require a job offer as part of the application process.  However, when considering whether they wish to nominate you for a 190 visa the States and Territories can add their own selection criteria.  The states are not obliged to sponsor you just because you meet the DIBP 190 criteria.  Different states may also specify different criteria for different occupations.

The various criteria may vary by state and can include a firm job offer / showing financial resources / English level / number of years work experience / higher points / family etc. 

Good luck Adele  - contact potential employers directly and also look on the job ad places www.seek.com.au - but the best places to look may vary depend upon your occupation   (for others - where a job offer will be required as part of the process it can be useful to obtain this in advance)

• Like 1

@Mara

I am currently a Financial Manager in SA but will be looking at Accountant positions as well. Perth is a definite option.

Hi - Admin please remove if inappropriate but I note Adele only has 2 posts at the moment so may not be able to see PMs.

Adele you also might try an appeal for help on this facebook page https://www.facebook.com/groups/SouthernAfricansJobsinAustralia/

Tee

Hi @AdeleC

Good luck! 28 days is a daunting requirement considering you have to find a job from SA. From my experience the last two / three weeks I would suggest you find one or two good employment agents to work with and follow up regularly with them. Seek has been all but useless in my opinion. Not sure why but my stats for finding a job in Sydney is more or less like this:

Applied through Seek and other job portals 67 times over a 60 day time-span: Result was one interview

Used two employment agencies for three weeks: Resulted in five interviews and eventually two job offers

This is of course not gospel since any number of factors could influence the outcome of an application. The stats are kind of odd if you consider it is exactly the same CV, Linked-In profile with basically only cover letters that changed to highlight different strengths for each job application.

Good luck, hope it works out for you!

• Like 4