Perth LSD !!!

DieSkim

I have just had confirmation of my final interview in Perth in June. They will be flying myself and my wife over for a week to finalise the offer and for us to do our LSD :D:ilikeit::ilikeit::D

Ek was nog net een keer in Perth vir so 3 dae en al 'n paar keer op die lughawe ! Verder het ek geen idee waar om te begin nie.

Eerste vraag:

----------------

Ons eerste prioriteit sal skole wees (laerskool) en om 'n idee van behuising te kry. 'n Paar mense het Sorrento omgewing aanbeveel - het al BAIE op realestate.com rondgesnuffel en plekke soos Hillary's, Marmion, Carine, Karrinyup lyk vir my na goeie areas. Maar al wat ek kan sien is pryse, hoe die huise lyk en google earth fotos. Is daar dalk iemand wat vir my advies gee oor watter areas goeie skole het (en dalk 'n paar ander SA'ers).

Enige ander areas wat aanbeveel kan word ?

Tweede vraag: :huh:

-----------------

Hoe lank neem dit om by die lughawe uit te kom van die areas en wat is die maklikste manier om by die lughawe te kom van daar ?

Derde vraag: :huh:

---------------

Wat behoort 'n mens nog te doen op jou eerste en sekerlik enigste LSD trippie ?

Laaste vraag :huh:

---------------

Hoe maklik skakel 'n mens in daar ?

Is daar enige SA klubs (sien daar is 'n saklubwa) ? Wat doen hulle ?

Ingelse of afrikana antwoorde sal waardeer word !

Dear CJG

Firstly, schooling depends on a) Private or State Schools? If you are going private, then well and good to go and put your names down and register. State schooling depends on the area you are staying in. If you live in the feedinga area for the school then yous child will be accepted , on condition that you have a "rental Agreement" from your land lord. So effectvly this can only be done once you move over.

Once you can advise regarding Private or State schools I can give you some suggestions.

Regarding the areas you mentioned they are all good areas , but can also be pricey regarding rentals and further down the line expensive areas to buy in.

I have no idea regarding your budget, but cheaper areas with good schools are Kingsley/Woodvale/Joondalup/Ocean reef/Currambine

2) The airport is about 40-45 kms from Sorrento/Marmion the areas you mentioned. Your best bet is to rent a car. A taxi from the airport will cost about $65.00 one way.

3) Open a bank account if you dont have 1 already, get a good feel for the areas you are looking at , visit some schools and do the usual touristy bit. HIllary Marina,Kings Park and Rotto if your budget allows.

Meet as many people as possible on you LSD. It will make settling in easier if you know some people here.

4) There is a SA Club, they meet once a month. What to they do for Saffers? Not much apart from the fact that you get together and perhaps meet new people and have a chat and drink.......

How well do you settle in, depends pretty much on each individual and how open and accepting you are, most peopel do not have a problem settling in.

Good Luck

Enrica :ilikeit:

Edited by enrica

Enrica

Thanks for the response. My intuition is to put our kids in government schools, at least primary school. From my understanding are there some really good govt schools but you need to pick them carefully (my interpretation of what has been said and written before). But if needs be, we will put our kids in pvt schools - though I heard it can be difficult, given that our first starts next year.

One of the key reasons we will be relocating is for our children's future - so if we need to pay more for pvt schools, we will do it and save the money somewhere else.

Regards from a cold Pretoria.

CJG

Edited by CJG