Extra luggage on Qantas flight booked through Kulula

vitchie

Question

I booked our 1 way flight in December through Kulula to get the 30% Discovery Vitality discount. Is there any way to get extra luggage on these flights as they are 1 away and we have PR visas?

4 answers to this question

I would be keen to know too as our intention was to book our one way tickets on Qantas to use our Discovery Vitality Discount. We did this on our activation trip. Does it apply only to return tickets? I need all the discount and luggage allowance I can get, what with us being a family of 5!!!

2 hours ago, LouiseMark said:

Does it apply only to return tickets? I need all the discount and luggage allowance I can get, what with us being a family of 5!!!

I assume by "it" you mean the discount? We got the full discount on 1 way tickets.

Hi @vitchie, i looked into this when we flew over in May. I got hold a a Qantas agent that dealt with bookings for discovery. At that point the only way to get the extra luggage allowance was to book via the migrant fare which pushed the price up considerably.

Then after the discount it was still higher then booking with IOM. So we ultimately booked via IOM. Hopefully things have changed, speak to the airline directly so see if they can bump you up on the baggage allowance.

• Like 1

Thanks @Yuvi, the extra luggage is not that important as we are taking a container, so won't pay extra for that. Thanks for the info!