Lawnmower

Bullet

Hi Guys and Girls

I'm busy with the all the preperation for the big move CROWN (keep murphy busy) :ilikeit::) starts packing on wensday.I have cleaned all the camping equipment was all the bikes and oil the fishing reels

My lawnmower and weedeater is next do these items have to be just cleaned or do you need to have to steamed cleaned or anything special done

Regards

Bullet

Hi Bullet,

Unfortunately I can't answer you, but would like to wish you luck with the big move. Enjoy it and all the best for you and your family in Australia.

Regards, Pippa

It has to be cleaned properly - no soil, grass etc. If they see "lawnmower" on your inventory, there's a 99.99999% chance they'll want to inspect it, so make sure it is squeaky clean! You don't have to have it steam-cleaned, but if you do, ask for a certificate from the company who did it for you. Keep in mind that should they decide your handy-work is not sufficient, you'll have to pay to have it properly cleaned or destroyed - either way, you pay. We sold our lawnmower in RSA and bought another one here to save ourselves the trouble. (After cleaning shoes with a toothbrush for 7 hours, scrubbing a lawnmower in the same fashion was not very appealing.....) :ilikeit:

Australia is fortunate in being a continent in its own right. It is one enormous island, seven times the size of South Africa.

As a consequence, we are disease free when in it comes to many of the diseases that afflict the rest of the world.

In the 1860's, the British brought camels from India to this country and they have adapted to the dry environment incredibly well. After their work carrying the telelgraph poles that went thro' the middle of Australia to link with the outside world was over, they were released.

Today, there are herds of camels that thrive in Australia's outback.

Arabs come to Australia, ironically, to buy good camels that are disease free.

Our vines, our fruit, our bananas, our livestock are disease free.

PLEASE help Australia to stay free of disease.

DON'T bring in ANY soil on your boots or lawnmower, or camping gear.

We don't need disease, so clean any soil off.

SCRUB for AUSTRALIA.