ANZSCO number

HJL

I am half way through submitting my EOI and hit a speed bump. Just too petrified I make an error and mess up the chance of a visa. Nerve wracking stuff!! Does anyone know if the following two ANZSCO numbers would be classed as closely related? ANZSCO 241511 and 241213?

You would only fill in the employment section in if you were claiming points for it right? So even if you have been employed the last ten years but are not claiming points you leave it out?

Thanks in advance!

HJL

Hi HJL

I am not qualified to give you an answer to your question but I can tell you that on our EOI my husband put all the years worked but answered  "NO" to the question that asks "is this employment related to your nominated occupation". He had to do it this way due to the fact that he  worked in his nominated occupation for 11 years but was only allowed to claim points for the years worked AFTER the date he qualified in his trade. So for the first 6 years he filled in the employment details but answered "NO" to it being related to his occupation and it automatically does not give any points. For the last 5 years worked AFTER qualification date he answered "YES" to the question "is this employment related to your nominated occupation?" And the points were automatically given.

We submitted our EOI and received and invitation.

Regards 

Hi @HJL

Does your skills assessment not indicate what ANZSCO number your skill would fall under?

I would use what they have listed on that document as this is where the EOI and VIsa Grant would be determined on by looking at the relevant skill shortages etc.

Im not an agent or skilled in this by any means but that would be the short of my answer otherwise it would be best to contact an agent because you dont want your EOI to be declined or your Visa refused for incorrect information...

Thanks for taking the time to reply @Newbee and @Deezo. I did a whole lot of googling and found that each number in the 6 digit Anzsco number has a meaning or function and name. Once you get to the third number still being the same, that level is classed as the same 'unit'. On the gov website it states that 'a closely related' employment code must have the same 'unit' (parraphrased?). Which my codes are. Which means my past 10 years experience is valid as being in the same unit as the code on my skills assessment. Which then gives me an extra 20 points. Was nervous if I clicked 'no' for related employment and it was in fact related, that it would count against me. Or to leave it blank and they questioned it. Not the time to make an error when the goal is in sight. So...submitted this morning with 80 points. Hoping to hear back quickly!

• Like 2

Hi @Deezo

Yes, invite to apply for visa. Submitted the EOI on Sunday. Got the email today from skills select to invite us to apply for 189. Super excited, but a surprising feeling of the slightly daunting reality of the whole thing too has cropped up. It seems from the forum that that's quite normal. ?

• Like 1

Wow that was quick!!!

But congrats anyways and prepare yourself for the next steps as its a lot of paperwork and patience while you wait...

All the best and i hope everything goes smoothly from here ;) 

Congrats @HJL

With those points it was a sure thing. Have not seen such a quick turnaround before. Good luck with the next steps.

• Like 1