Moving from Windhoek to Sydney - need ideas on shipping our stuff

markL

Question

Hi,

My wife and I are moving back to Sydney after a year in Namibia and would like some advice on how to move our stuff over.

We will most likely drive down to SA and then try to ship the boxes from Jo'burg/Pretoria.

We don't have a lot to ship (max. six boxes in all) and this seems to put the removalist companies off because of the seven companies we contacted for a quote ZERO have come back to us.

Anybody have any ideas? Or is there anyone wanting to share some shipping costs? We're looking at moving back at the end of November, start of December.

Thanks in advance.

Mark 

2 answers to this question

I would try http://www.u-bag.com/ or even for that little boxes ask the airline how much they would charge for excess baggage. I have heard that it can be quite a bit cheaper if you book it way in advance with the airline rather than pitch for your flight and pay then.

I recently moved from Joburg to Australia and confirm U-bag provides a good service. It is not too expensive and you get your stuff in like a week.

Give their Joburg office a call, they were really helpful.

• Like 1