WA Pol will no longer take finger prints for police clearance check

Stopper37

Not sure if this has been posted, but whilst doing the police clearance for my parents, I realized that WA Pol will no longer take finger prints on SA police's behalf (nor any overseas police). Department of Immigration and Border Protection won't do it neither (they will tell you to try local police station), after calling a few police stations just to make sure, I was told now it is out sourced by one of the more clued up officers. For Perth, it is Forensic Pathways in CBD (I was told there are 2, but she didn't know about the other), not sure about other states. 

Hope info is useful to you guys, no points spending hours phoning around...... 

I'll have to go dig through my paperwork but I'm 99% certain that I had to go to the AFP office to have finger prints taken for my last set of finger prints...

I Believe AFP no longer does it neither. Some state Pol may still do it tho (but not WA POL). I did mine in Sydney local NSW Pol less than 2 years ago, had to find one with ink kit but wasn't hard. I have no idea why the powers that be think it is a bad idea to charge $95 for 20 min of police work, when they are not busy (I phoned ahead and was asked not to go into when they have lots of detainees).