Household Insurance

MelanieMas

Hi all can anyone give some advice on household insurance and who is the best to go with we will be based in either Jindalee or Forest Lake Brisbane or Gold Coast area Thank you ?

Edited by MelanieMas
Area

Everybody needs to consider their own circumstances however I have to say that we have never had household insurance since moving to Australia.  We figured that if the house burned down we would never replace everything and besides the most precious things are irreplaceable.  Burglary in Australia is totally different to RSA.  You'll hardly know you were broken into.  Stolen items are usually electronics, cash or jewellery if they find it.  Most cases of theft are vehicles or tools from sheds or unlocked cars/utes.

These websites will give you lots of options to choose from: http://www.iselect.com.au/ or https://www.choosi.com.au/

• Like 1

Hi all,

Once again, thanks for the informative thread.

Quick question... is there anyway to get just a few specific items insured. Would like to get my wife's engagement ring, our cell phones and perhaps sunglasses insured. Is it similar to South Africa in that I would need to get household contents insurance and then specify the items? If so does anyone know of a good broker in the Melbourne area?

Thanks in advance!

There are so many providers and everyone apart from Youii allows you to get an online quote.

I have used Coles insurance for years.

They are very competitive and my one motor claim with them was a very good experience.

Their call centre is in Durban so you usually hear a familiar accent when discussing anything with them.:rolleyes:

We've also never had household insurance for the same reasons mentioned.

I would recommend using iselect I have used them several times for various deals, I e. Broadband, utilities, health Insurance etc.