9.Prestons / Dan Murphys/BWS

10.Edgars / David Jones

11.Cape Union Mart / BCF/Annaconda

12.Sportsmans warehouse / AMart Sports/Anaconda 

13.Outdoor warehouse / BCF/Anaconda 

14.Makro / Costco/Aldi

15.Lay's / Smith's

16.Nescafe Classic / Nescafe Classic

17.Cash crusaders / Casshies (aka Cash Convertors)

Thanks a stack......... 21 days to go!!

Edited by HadEnoughofJuju
  • Like 3

P.S. On the Nescafe, once you've tasted the real coffee Aus has to offer, nescafe will taste like Wimpy coffee :censored:

• Like 4

To add a few to the above list:

Clicks = Priceline

Toys R Us = Toys R Us

Edgars = Myer

Sportsman's Warehouse = Rebel Sports

Outdoor Warehouse = Ray's Outdoors

All these stores - including the ones listed above - have websites and most offer online shopping, so if you go to their websites, you'll get an idea of what is available and how much things cost.

Online discount stores (with or without actual shopfronts) are plentiful and very reliable as they all fall under Australian Consumer Law.  If I'm after a specific item, I search online for the best price.  Most things are delivered anything from within a few hours to a few days.  For instance, I've just saved $65 on a Lowepro camera bag I bought online vs getting it from an actual store.   The secret is to shop around, compare and ask for discount on big ticket items.  

1 hour ago, Riekie said:

Most things are delivered anything from within a few hours to a few days.

Do you get most things delivered through the national post service or do they also use private courier companies like in SA.

Edited by ChrisH

1 hour ago, ChrisH said:

Do you get most things delivered through the national post service or do they also use private courier companies like in SA.

It depends on the supplier.  They use Auspost, Startrack, Toll, Fastway... whichever is the cheapest.  Auspost is the Aussie version of the postal services in South Africa. They have various options when you want to send something, including various trackable services - where you can track the parcel online - and an overnight delivery service. I send and receive things all the time and I've never not received anything.

It is a federal offence in Australia to tamper with mail.  When someone receives something which is not theirs, it eventually ends up with the correct person or in the very least, back with the sender.   

• Like 2

A lot of the online order places have options for additional instructions - my standard for deliveries is "leave on doorstep if nobody home", saves me so much trouble of having to trek down to the postbox. Admittedly we live in a quiet cul-de-sac but have never had a problem whether it is clothes online (next direct great for school stuff) or a dozen bottles of wine (naked wines wine club).

We got home after dark tonight, and accidentally stepped on a package that the postman carefully put under our rubber doormat. (To keep the rain off? Keep it from blowing away?) Luckily it was a robust package.

We just laughed, and reflected on the delight of having stuff left outside our house for the whole day without anyone thinking this is weird or risky.