Options for TV - Sport

Duggen

Hi all,

So I am at a bit of a loss with the best way to be able to watch live sport in Australia.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I could get access to the Barclays Premier League, Rugby (Super rugby and Internationals), Cycling and AFL (need to follow this for work and networking purposes).

So far it would seem I only really have two options - Foxtel or Foxtel Play (but this doesn't seem to have the AFL interestingly enough). The only real issue with these is that there seems to be very limited coverage of the BPL with both.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks!

HI Duggen,

AFL have games of the week on free to air channels here with a load of talk shows and the like for catching up on the general AFL gossip. Most radio stations and every news paper also covers these with plenty more news on tipping sites and online sites for each club.

I believe that the EPL is able to be streamed if you are a customer of one of the telco suppliers and i think it is Optus but this would need to be confirmed.

Super Rugby you would get almost every game on Foxtel.

Foxtel also do the one dedicated channel for AFL (Foxtel Footy).

Cycling is also on some foxtel channels for the major events and I think Eurosport is the channel best for this.

Hope this helps.

For EPL, Optus bought the rights, so Foxtel only has some of the big club channels which don't show live games. If you're an optus subscriber, you get free premier league free, otherwise its like $15 a month to subscribe. I have foxtel and am an optus subscriber, so get all the sport I need, though I must say, Supersport in South Africa is actually really good by comparison, and I didn't have to stay up late to watch EPL or super rugby, but thats a whole different problem!

• Like 1