Negative assessment - Vetassess

Shireen

Hi there

We received the dreaded call from our agent this morning...."VETASSESS has recognised your husbands qualification as being on par with Australian standards and in a highly relevant field for this occupation however his work experience is not being recognised" 

We are devastated to say the least. Can anyone answer me on my questions below please or offer any advice?

Has anyone done a reassessment with a positive outcome - if yes what did you do differently?

Have you considered applying under another occupation?

Regards

Shireen

Edited by Shireen

Hi @Shireen

Hoping I will be the person who is able to say, yes I got a positive outcome on review from Vetassess ;)

Have heard of people who got a positive outcome on reassessment.

I empathize fully with you, having had the same dreaded feedback from our agent. We looked at all our options and decided to submit a request for review (at another R7k ..... Ouch). Put a lot of effort into detailing my work experience to best fit the occupation specification (ANZSCO). Got my previous employer to provide a more detailed reference letter that focused on areas of work that linked best to the occupation code requirements. After the initial 10 week processing time, the review takes a further 8 weeks. Have 2 weeks left to wait and praying for a positive outcome. 

If not, it's back to the drawing board. Will possibly look at another occupation. 

Vetassess does provide a very detailed feedback report on request. In it they sometimes recommend alternative occupations that may be more suitable. Suggest you ask your agent to request this.

Good luck and stay positive. Know it is tough ...

Take care

• Like 1

Hi @Husky

Thank you so much for your feedback. Our agent has requested detailed feedback, hoping that we will be able to resubmit. I think this is where we failed " Put a lot of effort into detailing my work experience to best fit the occupation specification (ANZSCO) "

Good Luck with your application... I'm sure it will be positive this time :)

Best wishes

S

• Like 1

I remember someone said they had got their husband to describe what they do to them and then they had written it.  Working on the premise that he knows what he does but a 3rd party wouldn'tautomatically know that a and b have to be done to get to c.  So maybe get the description and get your husband to describe it to someone who knows nothing to ensure you get all the finer details in.

• Like 3

• 5 weeks later...

@Shireen

Wanted to let you know that I got the great news today.

After 5 months, I eventually received a positive assessment from Vetassess for my experience. Initially received a negative assessment because they said my experience was not highly relevant, then submitted a request for a review with additional information and details. Ensured we matched the occupation code job tasks as closely as possible.

So is it possible to get a positive assessment after an initial negative one …… it is! Yay.

Hope you get a positive review as well. Vasbyt....

It did take longer than the 8 weeks we were told it would take - 11 weeks.

• Like 3

On 8/11/2016 at 3:15 PM, Shireen said:

Hi there

We received the dreaded call from our agent this morning...."VETASSESS has recognised your husbands qualification as being on par with Australian standards and in a highly relevant field for this occupation however his work experience is not being recognised" 

We are devastated to say the least. Can anyone answer me on my questions below please or offer any advice?

Has anyone done a reassessment with a positive outcome - if yes what did you do differently?

Have you considered applying under another occupation?

Regards

Shireen

HI Shireen,

We are not utilizing an agency, so all information relating to our Immigration was researched and collected by my husband (main applicant) and myself (self proclaimed migration agent but only to my hubby ;) LOL). I know that everyone does not have the same RTO, We also dont have experience with reassessment but this was our personal experience and its just to lift your spirits a bit. Hopefully I am successful.

I collected all documentary evidence for his skills assessment which was done by Victoria University. I drafted all reference letters, Employee statements and job task reports my self. I used the trade set report as my guideline, not certain if all occupations have a trade set report or a description of the relevant occupation but lucky for us his trade did. I then sent those documents to the relevant employees asked them to put it on their letterheads and then to the relevant parties to sign. Please note that they also asked for Video or photographic evidence. Unfortunately we could not provide this because camera's and cellphones are not allowed at my husbands employer and because its a National Key Point, requesting for such activities to take place would have to go to the Power station manager and we were a bit reluctant to do so. However we submitted without videos and photos and explained why this was not obtainable. 

Two weeks after our submission of documentary evidence I called them and asked them how far along our application was. An exact dialogue of the conversation below:

Lynnor: Hello, this is Lyn-nor Rhenier, I'm calling with regards to Earl RHenier's application for skills assessment Fitter and Turner. I would like to know when we could expect an outcome (knowing that their window for processing of documentary evidence is 8 weeks +)

VIC Uni: Please spell the name, let me have a look.... We have received his application and will be processing it as soon as we can, but we do have a bit of a back log. Is there a specific reason why you would like it to be processed sooner? (at this sage I knew for sure that God was in it because I gave no indication of wanting it to be processed sooner  I was merely following up :wub:)

Lynnor: Yes!!!! Actually we are pressed for time as my husband is turning 40 in October and we will be loosing points for his age.

VIC Uni: Ok, You should have noted this in your email when you sent through the application. Please send us a detailed email requesting that his application be prioritized and the reasons why.

Lynnor: WOW great I will do that asap Thanks so much (in my head I am singing praises of thanks to God)

I immediately sent the email!! Two days later we received an email stating that documentary evidence was successful along with details of technical interview for 21 July 2016 (this took place in JHB and we are based in CPT).  Hubby and I decided to make a road trip of it and drive down.

After the interview we immediately started the journey home, after driving all day and night via Garden Route we took a rest in Plettenberg Bay. Next morning 22 July 2016 we woke up to an email confirming a positive outcome for skills assessment. We were on top of the moon :D. God had heard our prayers!!!

We are on the slow train for now because of the English, but all the stories here constantly motivates, inspires and reminds me of why we decided to embark on this journey in the first place. Its very comforting and reassuring to know that there are similar beings out there going through the similar growing pains as we are. 

I hope our story helps a bit. 

Stay Positive, just like the weather everything else is temporary. Any situation is temporary.... after the rain, the sun must shine:D GOODLUCK

• Like 2

@Lynnor congratulations and thank you so much for your detailed feedback. Love your positive attitude which has certainly made me smile :) we look forward to resubmitting our docs in due course.

@Husky congratulations - with some patience and perseverance all things work out. We received our assessment and it wasn't as bad as we thought.... we were penalised on a technicality and are now busy rewording some of the documents. 

Good luck to all of you with your next steps :)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

October 19th,2016 : 

Vetassess Update: Release of details of Skills Assessment Support services.

Skills Assessment Support

Vetassess has announced the Skills Assessment Support (SAS) for migration agents and prospective applicants who are yet to submit their Skills Assessment application to VETASSESS. They stated that the new SAS service aims to provide tailored support to applicants/agents on how to submit a decision-ready application for general professional occupations with VETASSESS. Skill Assessment Support will be a choice of:

1) Document checking service
This service involves a step-by-step guidance support in completing an application for a Skills Assessment focusing on the completeness of the application for a Skills Assessment, including the type of information required and the key documents.

2) Consultation on a selected occupation
This service involves providing information via a 30 minute phone consultation about the VETASSESS Skills Assessment criteria that apply to a selected occupation.

This update is applicable for all the applicants before going for skills assessment with Vetassess.

October 14th,2016 : 

Please find the update on latest EOI draw , 12/10/2016

486 (938 registrants) EOIs with a points total of 160 or more 

The next selection will take place in a fortnight.

Please note that all the applications for New Zealand SMC visa should be applied through licensed New Zealand Immigration agents only.

Am going to add my two cents here - was told by the agent in question (not one on this forum) that my experience wouldn't be recognised because it was too varied (it was all accounting and I applied as a general accountant, so am still confused at that one). With hindsight, I think I should have fought harder on that one, but we were having so many issues just getting the degree through (Unisa syllabus anyone?) that I gave up on the experience.

So we focused instead on all the other points possibly available. I a man not suggesting that you do not push through on the skills assessment, but for anyone who is still unsuccessful, don't give up, there are other options worth exploring.

• 2 years later...

i  have also undertaken vetassess assessment that resulted in a negative outcome.This is because of employment.I am a biotechnologist and worked in a clinic research lab conducting various analysis ranging from HIV/AIDS  western blot analysis, to micro bacterial culturing and analysis . The assessment however gave a negative outcome that i find very unfortunate. I am planning to apply for a review but its either i proceed with employment details or without employment (which will fall short of a one year employment requirement).Also i went through the online application but it does not allow me edit employment duties carried out. what shall i do?  please advise.