Applying for a visitor's visa whilst wating for a partner visa

jinono

Question

Hello everyone.

I recently joined this forum and would appreciate your assistance.

I am currently waiting for the outcome of my partner visa application ,(in agony) which we submitted a little more than 2 months back. My husband holds a subclass 190 visa and we previously tried applying for my visa in September last year, and after 6.5months of waiting, we got a regret and the reason was because my husband could not be my sponsor since at the time of my application, he was still to make his 1st entry into Australia. We wanted to relocate to Australia together. However, since my 1st application was denied, my husband relocated to Australia almost 3 months ago and is employed. 

My question is, is it possible for me to apply for the family sponsored visitor visa as I await the outcome of my partner visa. We are thinking of taking the family sponsored route since I am unemployed at the moment and would like to use my husband's bank statements.

I am also not sure if this is a good route for us to take as my husband only relocated to Australia 3 months ago and I read on the Australian immigration website that inorder for one to sponsor a family member for a tourist visa, they need to have settled in Australia for at least 2 years

Regards

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet