Mechanical Engineering Jobs

RyanDreyer

Hi All,

I arrived in Adelaide, Australia on 7 July 2016. I am currently on a graduate engineer visa - class 476 and I am in the process of submitting my EOI for a class 189 skilled independent visa.

I have 2.5 years experience in the Petrochemical industry as a mechanical design engineer with an international company.

Due to the slump of the oil & gas sector as well as manufacturing, I am considering all engineering sectors, HVAC, oil & gas, etc.

I am open to moving to other major cities but my first preference is Adelaide (family in Adelaide) second choice would be Melbourne then Perth.

If anyone has any contacts or know of any vacancies please assist me.

Many thanks

As you know Adelaide is in a great position to get lucrative defense contracts - have a look at Defence Teaming Centre (DTC). They have grown to a membership of about 200 organisations that employ in excess of 17,000 workers in SA. DTC members include Prime contractors (Primes), Small to Medium Enterprises (SMEs) and Professional Service Providers (PSPs) who are actually or potentially involved in supplying and/or supporting defence and related capabilities and/or are influenced by Defence and related business policies or purchasing decisions. DTC also represents the interests of the Australian Industry and Defence Network (AIDN) in SA.

http://www.dtc.org.au/

Go to their members list and follow up with every company separately as many have website and advertise positions.

Thanks a lot for your help Ottg. Yes I am aware of the defence contracts in South Australia. I have looked at several jobs in that sector and all of them required the applicant to be a citizen, permanent residency was not even acceptable.

Thanks for the link to DTC, I am taking a look now.