Packing Help Required

DavePE

Hi all,

The day of my depature is fast approaching and I'm going to start pack in the next week or two. I've sold up already so will only be taking the essentials with me. Clothes, my laptop and fishing equipment. :D

I'll be taking two large suitcases, plus 1 carry on bag and my laptop bag with me on the flight. I would like to use either U-Bag or SevensSeas to send the remainder of my clothes and fishing stuff. I was thinking of getting two or three of those big plastic bins to put everything in. Like the one in the attached picture but probally a bit bigger. Thought that they'd be more secure than regular cardboard boxes. Has anyone used these before who has made the move? Good idea/bad idea? 

533633_v1_1.jpg

Hey @DavePE.

Good luck with the packing, it is much harder than it seems deciding what goes and what stays. The plastic bins might be good, cant say since we have not used it. I can however recommend you get double walled cardboard boxes. They are really sturdy and I was quite impressed how strong they are. Double walled boxes are only slightly more expensive and I am convinced that I will be able to use the same boxes to move in Aus at least three or four times should the need arise.

Hi Dave, 

We are leaving in September and I an taking most of our clothes in chinese bags...I mentioned before, they are surprisingly durable and they easily pack 20kg. Just wrap whem properly at the airport. Look, its not Samsonite, but hey :D...

images-3.jpeg

Thanks for the replies guys. I will try and track down some double sided boxes. I've heard about them just haven't been able to find anyone who stocks them in sleepy PE.

Try boxitsa.co.za, I got a couple of double walled boxes from them.