Activation Trip Documentation

BIGSHARK

To all of the formites who have done the activation trip,

What are all the documents required at the airport and on the other side?  This is what I have in mind, SA passport and permanent residency visa grant letter, and certified unabridged birth certificates for my kids.  Is there anything else that I might be leaving out that is super important? 

Sorry to disappoint you, but when you arrive for your activation trip there is no difference to any other arrival. Everything that is needed is in your passport. There is no harm to bring the documents, but the immigration officer stamps your passport like any other time and that is it.

I remember having to wait a few days from arrival to registering for medicare as the systems are linked but not quite in sync. I waited 3 days as I recall to go and register for medicare. 

Hi @BIGSHARK, what i would carry though is the visa grant letter. As the visas are electronic the people behind the check in counters in SA get quite confused that there is no visa printed in the passport.

Simply show them your grand letter and they will check you in. Well this was our experience anyway.

Once arrived in AUS everything was picked up on the system by a simple scan of the passport.

That's basically all the documentation we needed.

Good luck.

• Like 1

Thank you Yuvi and Richard, you confirmed what I was thinking.  I didn't want to miss anything vital. 

What is the current ruling regarding kids and unabridged birth certificates for leaving and returning to SA?