over 45

Hi All

I'm sure this has been asked, but things may have changed so I'm hoping one of the pros will answer me. I have a friend who is over 45 and wanting to move over from South Africa. I've recommended he try for a PR (of some sort) he may well try for the Investor visa (I'm not sure if this gives a PR). What is the most likely way for a 45 year old male with an Occupational Therapist wife and 2 children to get a visa.

Thanks in advance

Joseph

189 or 190

Thanks Riekie, umm I think the 189 is a skills based PR, do you know what the other is please?

My husband is 45 and we are applying for a 190 which is state sponsored permanent residence (have to stay in the state for 2 years). Need superior English test results,  full points on occupation plus partner skills. Tough, but our agent is confident. 

At 45 getting the points for the Skilled Independent 189 / 190 / potentially 489 pathway can be hard - really worth practising to get a high score for English. 

They should start by seeing whether they can reach the points requirements (sometimes as Husky points out it is a matter of taking them from where ever you can find them). 

There are investor Visa options temporary to permanent pathway criteria include investment funds / assets / history of investing.  

Hello Joe,

You don't say what age your friends wife is.  If she is under 45 and is an OT (as you state) then she may be able to be the Primary applicant on a SC189/190 visa.  Even if she is over 45 as well they may also be able to claim partner points which could get them over the line.

Please ask your friend to email me a copy of both his and his wife's CV and I will review their options.

Regards

Hi Stephen

Thanks for your advise I'll pass it on and hopefully they contact you soon

Joseph