Executive Pathway to Permanent Residence

TimeToGo

Question

Hi All,

I am trying to find out more about the so called Executive Pathway to permanent residence.  I have searched the DIBP website and cannot find any reference to it, but my sponsoring employer (I'm on a 457 visa), tells me that this is an option for people earning over $180,001.  

If anyone knows about this, or anything related to it, I would love to hear from you.

Many thanks...

Edited by TimeToGo

5 answers to this question

I don't know for sure but found some links which might provide a starting point for you.

https://www.acacia-au.com/exemptions-for-skill-and-age-requirements-for-employer-sponsored-visas-announced.php

http://myaccessaustralia.com/employer-nomination-scheme-subclass-186-visa/

Look near the bottom of the page.

No such thing as an "Executive Pathway", its just an exemption based on how much you earn. It used to be 250k I think but was dropped down to 180k.

Here is the law for your reading @TimeToGo. Make DAMN sure you comply with this...this from a fellow who fell foul of it! :P

Reg 2.57A      Meaning of earnings

(1)      In this Part, a person’s earnings include:

(a)      the person’s wages; and

(b)      amounts applied or dealt with in any way on the person’s behalf or as the person directs; and

(c)      the agreed money value of non-monetary benefits.

(2)      However, an employee’s earnings do not include the following:

(a)      payments the amount of which cannot be determined in advance;

(b)      reimbursements;

(c)      contributions to a superannuation fund to the extent that they are contributions to which subregulation (4) applies.

(3)      Non-monetary benefits are benefits other than an entitlement to a payment of money:

(a)      to which the employee is entitled in return for the performance of work; and

(b)      for which a reasonable money value has been agreed by the employee and the employer.

(4)      This subregulation applies to contributions that the employer makes to a superannuation fund to the extent that 1 or more of the following applies:

(a)      the employer would have been liable to pay a superannuation guarantee charge under the Superannuation Guarantee Charge Act 1992 in relation to the person if the amounts had not been so contributed;

(b)      the employer is required to contribute to the fund for the employee’s benefit in relation to a defined benefit interest (within the meaning of section 292-175 of the Income Tax Assessment Act 1997) of the employee;

(c)      the employer is required to contribute to the fund for the employee’s benefit under a law of the Commonwealth, or of a State or a Territory.

Thanks very much SurferMan and RYLC!

That helped me find the relevant part of the immigration requirements if earning $180,001 or more.  So, it looks like one is able to make use of the Direct Entry stream to obtain a 186 visa with exemptions from skill requirements and English language requirements.  But what about age requirements.  Would an applicant be exempt from that as well?  It seems not, but I'd like some other opinions, as this isn't 100% clear.

Many thanks!

Edited by TimeToGo
  • Like 1

With regards to age there are a few exemptions to being under 50 when applying for the 186/187 permanent residence visas.

The exemption that relates to high income = currently one of the exemptions to being under 50 is where you are applying through the Temporary Residence Transition stream, having worked for your nominating employer on a 457 for the last four years with earnings of at least equivalent to the Fair Work Australia High Income Threshold ($138,900 - 1 July 2016) for each year over that period.

• Like 1