Stuttafords Van Lines - Quality of service (JHB - Sydney)

FionaS

Hi there

We are about to pull the trigger on a supplier to handle our door-to-door household contents move, from JHB - Sydney. Stuttafords has provided us with the most competitive quote (out of three suppliers), and we have been happy with their pre-sales service so far. I would like to hear from any of you who made use of Stuttafords for your Auz move - what is your opinion of the service they provided you (both in SA and in Aus); any handy tips / suggestions before we sign up with them? 

Thanks in advance.

F

We used them for our first move. No problems at all. They know their business. In 2010, they used Wridgeways to do the delivery in Aus. Slso no problems there. We had a few breakages (nothing above what I concider normal) and some if our wood furniture got a few knocks (probably from the customs handling), we claimed and there was no problems with the payout and repairs. I won't worry if I were you ☺

• Like 1

Yes, we did take out insurance.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

We also used Stuttafords. Our container was loaded on Monday and Tuesday. Will be going to sea soon. So far, no issues at all. Very professional

Thanks, Eduan. That is good to know! 

Wishing you all the best with your move. :-)

Edited by FionaS

Hi

we used a 20ft, filled to the brim. 

Scheduled to go to sea tomorrow, and arrive in Sydney 5 September. Will see about that... ?

Great, would you say half your house or a full house fitted in, I am trying to work that out at the moment?

Good luck!

It is difficult to say, as i do not know how big is your house, and i know it is not the answer you want. Easiest is to get them to come and do a free measurement when you know what you want to take. We packed a lot of things, but also sold a lot and gave away alot. Rough estimate? 1 queen with sides and tall boy, 1 bunk double bed, 4 double cupboard (dismantled), threadmill, gas heater, 2 book shelves, 1 study desk, 2x 3 seater leather couches, 1 tv cabinet with tv, 8seater dining table with chairs, 8 seater patio set, trampoline, camping fridge. Those are the large items. Then lots of boxes with clothes, bedding and stuff from the kitchen and study - 60 to be exact. No white goods. We replaced fridge, washing machine, tumble dryer in Aus. Standard to the houses (99% of the time) are dishwashers and microwaves, so no need to bring them. Hope it helps. We bought 2 beds in Aus, it helps while waiting for your stuff to arrive. Another reason why we bought the white goods in Aus - how will you operate without a fridge/washining machine if uou have to wait for your stuff for couple of weeks. Planning planning planning. PM me offline if you need more specifics. Good luck. Remember, it is also an opportunity to get rid of the ... Stuff you really do not need or use, and to replace with some new ones. A lot of our items we bought when we got married 11years ago, so it was a good time to replace some ?

• Like 1

Thanks Eduan,

Will stay in touch, your list looks a lot like the hybrid list im starting to make up. Had 4 companies out and the 40 Ft they all offered did not meet our budget or needs. So we will make a 20ft work or simply go groupage and buy in Aus.

Your information is really helpful.

• 2 weeks later...

Can any one tell me whether the is always a quarantine inspection cost when the container arrives and typical cost?

Hi @Marcodasilva

I was informed that there will be a cost of $450 when the container arrives in Sydney end of the month. This is not part of the initial container cost, as it is done by an independent company.