Queensland teacher registration

vwright

I am new to this forum and want to know if it's possible to get registered with the Queensland education board as a teacher if I'm still in South Africa or must I be in Australia to get it done? We are only immigrating at the end of the year. Our 189 visa''s have been granted already. Thanks.

Hi, you could apply beforehand and I would suggest you do it as the processing alone takes about 10 weeks. Just be aware that you have to get specific results on the Academic IELTS (not sure about the other type of English test). The results must be included in the application.

Exciting times ahead! Congrats on your visa!

Cheers

Aneldari

Thanks very much. We just waiting for them to send us user names to log in and register. I'm coming over from 4 - 14 Oct hopefully for an interview or more. Need the registration done though. Any suggestions on how to go about getting interviews? Through recruitment agencies or contacting schools directly? I teach Maths to year 6 and 7 currently. 

My pleasure!

Any and all means, hehe. Smart Education (recruitment agency) advertise through normal job websites such as Seek or Onecareer. Usually they have a general preliminary interview with you beforehand (can be Skype). But there are also teaching job websites such as Teachers.on.net which advertise private school jobs. Some states have a website to advertise some positions (for state schools). Think Qld is Smart Jobs or something. Then of course school websites themselves.  Just send your cv with a cover letter even if no positions are advertised. Catholic schools for example (and you don't have to be Catholic ), work in groups. Well, they call it a Diocese. And on some of their websites they advertise all positions in their Diocese. As an example: http://www.cns.catholic.edu.au/employment/current-positions/teaching-positions/

Hope that helps.

Good luck!

• Like 1

Cool. Thanks. Last question,  does it usually take a day or two for the QCT to reply with a username when first applying to register. I haven't received an email from them yet and can't log in without this username. Anyone else had this problem? 

Oh and this forum is fantastic!! There are heaps of info and great support. Just search...I have been part of this forum since 2006 and has received and given much advice.

Hi! Sorry I only saw your last question now. I can't remember about the usernames. We've done ours in 2011. Hope you hear from them soon.