New on forum and needs assistance.

Christo55

Question

I am new to this forum.

Our application have been lodged for a contributing parent visa.

I have many questions:

How many years do we need to work before we can receive pension from Australia?

How does the pension payments work?

What is meant by bulk billing in terms of medical aids?

What does a basic medical aid cost?

General costs for internet, insurance and used cars?

I know these question could have been answered before, but could not find answers.

Thanks

4 answers to this question

@Christo55 welcome to the forum. I am sure all the expense information you are asking for would be available to you by your children?

If you want to know the information pertaining to the contributing parent visa, then this is the rule book, which you want to look at.... if you have any further questions, then I suggest you PM the writer of the rule book @Orphan

We pay $90/month for internet and landline. We also have a phone package attached to that whereby we can phone several countries for free (some landlines only some landlines and mobiles) - I can phone SA as many times as I want (landlines only) for as long as I want.

Bulk billing is when payment is subsidised by the government so runs off the Medicare scheme (it has nothing to do with private medical).  So I can take my children to the doctor and be bulk billed so I don't pay a cent. Pathology, eye checks and other services are included in that. My son had a referral to a paediatric cardiologist and that was also bulk billed. Some bulk bills are at the discretion of the doctor (as in the case of cardiologist). We pay $52/week for private medical but we are a family of 5 (2 adults, 3 kids). We have only ever needed our private medical when my husband needed a hernia op (it would be done on Medicare, but it wasn't an emergency so on a waiting list). I also used it for dental care. We joined up for private as you get penalised for your age after you've been in the country a year so you need to sign up before you're 1st year is up.

Good luck with all your arrangements. Your children are very lucky to have you coming over.

You have to be in Australia or NZ for 10 years before you are able to get any government superannuation.