Join Family in Australia

IanOlivier

Hi Guys

I need some assistance. I am running a funding campaign to join my family in Australia. I am working hard but as you know, it is still very expensive and due to my age, time is running out. Will you share my link on your wall and see if there is anyone that will assist?

Any help will be appreciated. See my story and fund raiser below. Feel free to contact me if you would require more information. I don't expect someone to sponsor everything, but any help will be appreciated.

https://gogetfunding.com/join-my-family-in-australia/

Thank You in advance

Ian Olivier

Hi Ian,

Welcome to the forum!

Asking for money as a 1st post on the forum would probably not go down well, as many of our members and their families are in similar (or worse) situations.  If only we could have one big fundraiser and bring everyone over to Australia, that would be awesome.  Unfortunately that is not possible, and it would not be fair to put one person’s pledge for funding out there while so many of our longstanding members have been struggling for years to get there.

I suggest you actively take part on the forum and become part of our community.  We may not be able to assist financially, but there is so much more to immigration than the cost. 

All the best!

• Like 3

Hi Riekie

Thank you for your reply. I do not believe that the financial part is the only issue I will have. I don't know if you read my story on the link, but I've also been studying and working for experience for years. Paid for everything myself. Like I said I am a hard working person.

I didn't mean to be bold or made it sound that it is the only thing I care about is money. I do have family in Perth that will help with most of the social and culture adjustment etc. I also understand that I am not the only person that needs money to do this.

All of that being said, I am looking forward becoming part of this community and also if I can helping others to help their families to a better future.

Kind Regards

Ian Olivier

While a lot of people are in a similar financial situation I do like your tenacity, endurance and determination.

You will make it!! Well wishes with your journey

Thank you, I am writing my next exam end of July. Also to submit my skill assessment to ACS. Then IELTS mid August. There is a lot happening at the moment, but its exiting times we live in. Need to provide a good future for my kids as I believe everyone does. 

I will definitely use this forum as a base of information to do what needs to be done.

Have a good one.

Ian Olivier

14 hours ago, IanOlivier said:

I don't know if you read my story on the link,

I did.

• 1 month later...

Shew a lot of people are in your boat. You seem quite young, so you have a few years ahead. Some people are older and running out of time (yet can afford the costs), some are not finding the money to fund the visas.....either situation is hard. My suggestion is to put together a saving plan, while you study and get cracking on that, because you are still going to need to wait to get your skills assessed regardles. See it as investing part of your studies. Its going to help you especially when you get older to get in to the habit of saving. Something the younger generation is not as good as.

Good luck with your skills and exams etc :)

Thank you for your tips. Yes I am 33 years old with the 2nd kiddie on the way. I understand a lot of people are in the same situation. I did my IELTS test last week and it went well. Hopefully scoring above 7 in each field. Then I can apply immediately. If I score less I can apply next year January when I have 8years of experience in my field so then I will have enough points to apply. 

I am trying to get my finances in order so I am ready in every aspect. I am always studying to improve my skills and knowledge, working hard. Will get there. I must thank everyone who supported me thus far.

This is a great site with interesting topics and people who went through this already.

Are you currently in Australia? I hope you will also find a way to provide a better future for your kiddies :)