Feeling despondent

nelus87

Good day all

I've been lurking around this forum for a couple of weeks just reading, and well I figured the time has come to tell me story.

A couple years ago, I think it was 2007, I went to a Australian immigration seminar during my second last year of studying and I thought I was 100% sure to be applying for a visa as soon as I graduated. Well fast forward 9 years and I find myself on this forum seriously wondering where the time has gone? I started re-looking at the requirements to get the ball rolling and all was going good, until a friend of mine, whom moved over to Aus last year, pointed something out to me which has me a feeling a bit despondent.

I was going to be applying for the 189 skilled visa with my nominated occupation being a quantity surveyor. My friend pointed out that a QS is Aus is actually that of a consultancy background and not a contractors QS which I have been working as for the past 7 years. A contractors QS is Aus is called a CA (contract administrator) which as you can guess is not on the SOL. It feels as though I tick all the boxes but am not needed down under. Has anyone been in a similar predicament of QS/CA?

It's is quite a expensive process to be thinking I am the correct type of QS as listed on the SOL only to find my application gets rejected some time down the line.

Thanks for listening to my whine

Cheers

@nelus87, not sure if you have your heart set on OZ, but a friend of mine went to NZ a few weeks ago and within days she had a job as a QS...they even applied for her work permit. According to her there is a shortage of QS in NZ.

Thought I just share that with you.

Good luck

G

• Like 1

@nelus87 i suggest to consult a migration agent to get clarity on this. That way you have a better chance of not wating money when aplying for your visa and being rejected. I can advise Migrate2Oz. I got my visa grant for 189 today so i know they get things done. 

• Like 1

@nelus87 you can also try New World Immigration, very reasonable rates. Speak to Jonathan Pretorius, he is an absolute star!

Good luck

G

• Like 1

@nelus87 don't give up hope yet without at least having gone for an initial consult. I'm under the impression that Oz badly wants professions that many people today think are 'not cool' or aren't the traditional big varsity degree. 

There is also a Santa Fe Relocation services (formerly Ivan Chait). We went through the Pretoria office with Debby Goosen and she did an initial consult last year for R200 last year.  They are very reputable and very good. Just remember to read the other posts about migrant scammers to ensure you go through a reputable one.

Just give it a shot - it's probably around R300 now or similar with any reputable service provider but at least that's all you'll lose if it turns out to be a dead end.

@nelus87 Never despair... we have some very kind, highly recommended migration agents, that assist us on this forum. Either one of them will probably happily give you initial advice without even charging you...just remember that is all it is initially advice as to whether or not you will qualify... It would be straight from the 'ones that know what it is all about'!

@TeeTMI or Tee Taylor of Taylor Made Migration

or

@SD_MOA who is Stephen Dickson of Migration Outcomes Australia

both are MARA registered... not me.... stands for Migration Agents Register Australia

Do make contact with one, of them, before you become totally despondent!

Edited by Mara
  • Like 1